Yale PA Online 2021 Application Cycle

7 minutes ago, DLK1993 said:

Rejected as well! Congrats again to everyone accepted! I know you are an amazing set of applicants and will make awesome PAs! 

I applied fairly broadly so I’m confident I will get in somewhere, and to everyone else who was rejected, you will get in somewhere too! We can use this experience, learn from it, and improve. I view it as an opportunity for self-reflection and growth!

Good luck to the next cohort!!

You’re absolutely right, a chance for self-reflection and growth! That is the type of drive and motivation that will undoubtedly make you a great PA. We’ll all be colleagues eventually, and it will be worth every effort, and extra wrinkles that come with it, lol! 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I just got my rejection email also. I'm a reapplicant who interviewed last year and did not make the waitlist. The caliber of applicants for this program is really high. Everyone who introduced themselves in my info session seemed like amazing candidates. I am feeling proud to have gotten an interview and not letting the rejection crush me like it did last year. I really improved the content and detail of my CASPA application this year, did a lot of prep and research about the profession, and feel really confident in my choice to become a PA. Between my 5 years as a Naturopath, student clinician hours and previous patient hours I have 8,000+ HCE, my GPA is 3.68. My interview anxiety is probably a barrier but i've been working on it and did 100% better this year than last in that regard. I wanted to post my stats because people were asking about stats of those interviewed/accepted and it's helpful to know that stats will help get you an interview but I think they're really looking at fitting the needs of the program as a whole. 

Congrats to those who made the class or waitlist and good luck to those waiting to hear/interview. Be yourself, be genuine, you're going to find the right fit.  XO

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ARPA2024 said:

I haven't seen any post but did you guys have an advisor walk you through the process once your application was verified by CASPA. My advisor called me the next day. He also called to let me know when it was recieved and under review.

Yes! They are all so helpful! I always felt/ feel ‘in the loop’. The follow up calls motivated me through Orgo Chem II, lol. 

On 6/4/2021 at 10:00 PM, KNAP25 said:

I'm applying to them this cycle as well! My admissions counselor is Subash! He's amazing! 

Also, has anyone had experience with virtual PA shadowing? What was your experience? would you recommend it? is there anyone I can contact to help me get a few shadowing hours? 

Hey guys I was able to find a great place to do some shadowing. it is called prehealthshadowing.com

There are a lot of MD/DO's on there, but there are also a handful of PA's on there as well.

For anyone else who interviewed today, looks like we will get a call this Friday if accepted or an email the following week if rejected or wait listed, based on what everyone else was saying. Good luck! And don't let it get you down too much if it's not what you wanted to hear, keep your eye on the prize and your heads up! We got this! 😘

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Danilang said:

For anyone else who interviewed today, looks like we will get a call this Friday if accepted or an email the following week if rejected or wait listed, based on what everyone else was saying. Good luck! And don't let it get you down too much if it's not what you wanted to hear, keep your eye on the prize and your heads up! We got this! 😘

Best of luck to those who interviewed/ are interviewing today! ❤️ Breathe, be yourself, and allow yourself to celebrate this huge achievement 🙌🏼

• Like 2

Seems to have gone quite around here! Just wanted to let everyone patiently waiting know, I was in your place last year. I am now a current student.Words of advice I wish we knew last year! Don’t live on here. Don’t panic. Enjoy your weekends. Stalking this page wont make things move faster and it can stress you out more. I saw some people freaking about stats. That’s why last year we keep this as a motivational page and information only. Stats are just stats everyone is unique in their own way and STATS are not the only thing that will get you into a program! Again Just breathe. Ya’ll got this! Good Luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1