Yale PA Online 2021 Application Cycle

On 9/3/2021 at 2:48 PM, tx808 said:

Yes, for sure. No news is better than a no and its a long weekend so don't stress on Monday. This is my third cycle so I know waiting is hard! 

Do you mind sharing what you think helped you get in this cycle vs the previous two cycles? Did you interview in the previous two cycles? What did you do between the cycles to get the final "yes"? 

19 hours ago, Hopeful2bPA said:

Do you mind sharing what you think helped you get in this cycle vs the previous two cycles? Did you interview in the previous two cycles? What did you do between the cycles to get the final "yes"? 

Apologies in advance for this long reply: 

I wrecked my GPA pretty good before getting to this point. I'll start with that. I am a non-traditional student and the main difference between this cycle and last is that I did a master's program in health sciences, online and did really well. I also did a second BS degree in lab sciences a few years before that (also mostly online). I needed a way to prove myself after making such a mess and I also wanted to show my aptitude for online learning! I found virtual shadowing opportunities as well. As far as metrics, that was the difference. I am also interested in primary care and rural medicine and have lots of experiences (personal and volunteer) in those areas so I feel that helped. I also believe that the supplementals are huge. Since interviews are MMI, you have to realize that those essays are like interview questions and the app could be your only chance to answer them and they are obviously important to the program. This is all just my take on it though. This was my first cycle interviewing at Yale Online. I did get a couple of in state interviews last year and was waitlisted at one school. Trust me when I say that I know how discouraging it can be and how hard it is to be patient. I almost didn't submit my application because that's how discouraged I was. I didn't think it could actually happen and here I am! Do I like that it took so long? No. Does that really matter to me right now? An even bigger no. Just keep in mind that a "no" is not forever but the one "yes" that you need will be. 

• Like 6

On 9/6/2021 at 1:28 PM, tx808 said:

Apologies in advance for this long reply: 

I wrecked my GPA pretty good before getting to this point. I'll start with that. I am a non-traditional student and the main difference between this cycle and last is that I did a master's program in health sciences, online and did really well. I also did a second BS degree in lab sciences a few years before that (also mostly online). I needed a way to prove myself after making such a mess and I also wanted to show my aptitude for online learning! I found virtual shadowing opportunities as well. As far as metrics, that was the difference. I am also interested in primary care and rural medicine and have lots of experiences (personal and volunteer) in those areas so I feel that helped. I also believe that the supplementals are huge. Since interviews are MMI, you have to realize that those essays are like interview questions and the app could be your only chance to answer them and they are obviously important to the program. This is all just my take on it though. This was my first cycle interviewing at Yale Online. I did get a couple of in state interviews last year and was waitlisted at one school. Trust me when I say that I know how discouraging it can be and how hard it is to be patient. I almost didn't submit my application because that's how discouraged I was. I didn't think it could actually happen and here I am! Do I like that it took so long? No. Does that really matter to me right now? An even bigger no. Just keep in mind that a "no" is not forever but the one "yes" that you need will be. 

Thank you so much for sharing. Would love to hear about other students' backgrounds who got in as well. It's hard to say what exactly they or any program look for to make the cut, but I think your persistence really shined. I am new, so I am not really familiar with the MMI interviews. Would love to hear how they go and what types of questions they ask...although I am still early on this journey. 

On 5/11/2021 at 10:46 AM, Gretch1212 said:

Good morning everyone,

my name is Gretchen and I am a Ultrasound tech in Mississippi. I applied last year unfortunately did not get in. I am trying again this year hoping this year is my year. I have two children and unable to move so this is pretty much my only option. Good luck everyone.

Hi Gretchen! I'm an ultrasound tech too. Nice to meet you. Have you heard from the program yet?

2 hours ago, futurepeeayeestudent said:

hi everyone! how long after interviews did you hear back? Either rejection, waitlist of rejection. 

My interview was on a Tuesday. We had the student panel/zoom on Thursday and I got the acceptance call on Friday (but we were told it could take until Tuesday)!

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 11:52 AM, futurepeeayeestudent said:

hi everyone! how long after interviews did you hear back? Either rejection, waitlist of rejection. 

I interviewed on a Tuesday, the post interview session was Thursday and I was accepted Friday morning. 

23 hours ago, mtama said:

Do they wait until after the panel zoom to make decisions? Ours is not until next Thursday. 

Yes, they wait to make a decision after that session. Good luck to you!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CompoundKat said:

The interview request says to have 2 forms of ID, one of which is a government issued photo ID. I’m going to use my license but I’m curious as to what other people used for their second form of ID? Would my social security card be adequate? Or does it need to have my picture on it? 

Thanks! 

I think you could use something like a school ID or a passport also 🙂 .