Yale PA Online 2021 Application Cycle

Hey everyone - I also just applied yesterday (07/11/2021) and am curious on the timeline like @bibianalopez. Welcome Bibiana! and congrats to those who got accepted!

I live in Jacksonville, FL and am a current ophthalmic technician - all of my studies abroad, so hopefully that helps from a diversity perspective. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, billdwebster said:

Hey everyone - I also just applied yesterday (07/11/2021) and am curious on the timeline like @bibianalopez. Welcome Bibiana! and congrats to those who got accepted!

I live in Jacksonville, FL and am a current ophthalmic technician - all of my studies abroad, so hopefully that helps from a diversity perspective. 

Hi Bill!
If you read through last year’s thread you can get an idea of the timeline. There are about 4 interview invite “waves” about a month after verification date. So I believe you and I would be in the same bunch. I did also read they have changed some things for this year’s cycle so who knows! 

Best of luck to you. 

• Like 1

Rejection without interview?

Hey all,

random question.

so i recieved a call that i would not be selected for the cohort of 2022. 
however, i never interviewed. 
i got a call that my application was under review two weeks ago

and the  today recieved a rejection

the site states that after an interview it will be decided if an applicant id accepted, waitlisted, of rejected.

So i am a bit confused about all of this.

wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

2 hours ago, Allynicky said:

Rejection without interview?

Hey all,

random question.

so i recieved a call that i would not be selected for the cohort of 2022. 
however, i never interviewed. 
i got a call that my application was under review two weeks ago

and the  today recieved a rejection

the site states that after an interview it will be decided if an applicant id accepted, waitlisted, of rejected.

So i am a bit confused about all of this.

wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

I am so sorry to hear that! I know it’s really hard. I was waitlisted and then rejected last year, so it didn’t happen to me personally but I know of a lot of people who were rejected without interview. Thousands of people apply to each PA program (not just Yale) and it’s impossible for them to interview everyone. I think most programs only interview a limited number of people. I know hearing that doesn’t make it feel any better though. I would definitely ask for feedback on how you can improve, but keep your head up!!! You will be a PA one day, just keep going!!! ❤️

Edited by happyandhopeful
  • Like 4

Hi fellow applicants!!  I"m B. Nicole, and I applied a week ago and have had my CASPA verified.  I'm just waiting to hear my application is under review. I had watched an information session, and although the priority deadline is great to meet, they said they review every application until Sept. 1st. and do not fill the class until then as well. 

I'm so excited to be a PA and Yale online is my first choice. I'm used to distance education-- having done my masters in Education online. Anyway, I was a previous teacher at many different levels with foreign experience as well.  Last year I quit my elementary teaching job teaching GATE kids in 4th and 5th grade up in San Mateo, CA. so I could acquire patient care hours.  I've worked as a monitor tech and an ICU tech most recently at my current position in Southern California.

I've been working really hard the past 3-4 years to get the pre reqs. as I was a business major. I'm just holding out hope now that Yale will call me for an interview. Nothing is more important (except my family), than becoming a PA; it's all I think and dream about. Wish me luck that someone calls soon for an interview--- I hope, God willing. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, NicoleRasool said:

Hi fellow applicants!!  I"m B. Nicole, and I applied a week ago and have had my CASPA verified.  I'm just waiting to hear my application is under review. I had watched an information session, and although the priority deadline is great to meet, they said they review every application until Sept. 1st. and do not fill the class until then as well. 

I'm so excited to be a PA and Yale online is my first choice. I'm used to distance education-- having done my masters in Education online. Anyway, I was a previous teacher at many different levels with foreign experience as well.  Last year I quit my elementary teaching job teaching GATE kids in 4th and 5th grade up in San Mateo, CA. so I could acquire patient care hours.  I've worked as a monitor tech and an ICU tech most recently at my current position in Southern California.

I've been working really hard the past 3-4 years to get the pre reqs. as I was a business major. I'm just holding out hope now that Yale will call me for an interview. Nothing is more important (except my family), than becoming a PA; it's all I think and dream about. Wish me luck that someone calls soon for an interview--- I hope, God willing. 

Hi Nicole! 
Welcome to the chat! May your determination pay off handsomely!  ☺️💖

Edited by bibianalopez

5 hours ago, medicallyours said:

Silly question, but does Yale's online PA program require GRE? I know the regular program requires it, but not sure about the online program.

Yale PA Online Program faculty are live right now answering questions in chat on the Virtual PA Fair! Register and jump on in!
>>> careereco.com 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bibianalopez said:

I’ve just been invited to interview! 🎉💖 Just wanted to let y’all know! 🙏🏼
PS- the careereco PA fair is still on and right now students from last year’s cohort are answering questions until 8pm est if anyone sees this before then! ☺️

Congratulations!! Did they call? Are the interviews on zoom or through the phone?  So exciting!! One step closer!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bibianalopez said:

I’ve just been invited to interview! 🎉💖 Just wanted to let y’all know! 🙏🏼
PS- the careereco PA fair is still on and right now students from last year’s cohort are answering questions until 8pm est if anyone sees this before then! ☺️

Congrats, Bibi! Thanks for the tip about the career fair - very helpful and informative

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ftpa18 said:

Hi all,

I was wondering if those who got interviews/acceptances/rejections would be able to share their timeline? (ie: date verified, interview request received, interview date, and decision date) Just to help with a rough estimate. 

Thanks! 

Submitted: 07/04 🇺🇸 

Verified: 07/06

Under Review: 07/07

Interview Invite: 07/19

Interview: 07/27 (Tomorrow 😱🙏🏼)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Angelena092402 said:

Does anyone know how long from time of interview they received an acceptance or a rejection ?

I think depending on where your interview fell in the interview round, it was between a week or two. I interviewed on the last day of the interview round and was accepted 3 days later. It was the first interview cycle so I think it may have been faster than normal!