2020-2021 Application Cycle

8 hours ago, TraumaBae said:

Has anyone interviewing 11/13 gotten any further communication from the school? I have not heard anything since Ms Spence confirmed my interview date. I was hoping to have more details by now.

I know this is weird but is there any way you could post on here what they tell you their time frame on a decision is after you interview? I interviewed on 10/8 and still have heard nothing 😞 and it sounds like no one has from my group either.

11 minutes ago, C0r4l1n3 said:

That’s what they told us in the interview too but it’s been 5 weeks and still nothing.

I hope you hear back soon! I’d be happy to let you know if I hear anything about a timeline. Bear in mind that Florida is dealing with tropical storm Eta right now, I’m sure that is complicating things for the faculty. 

21 minutes ago, Npack said:

I hope you hear back soon! I’d be happy to let you know if I hear anything about a timeline. Bear in mind that Florida is dealing with tropical storm Eta right now, I’m sure that is complicating things for the faculty. 

I really appreciate it!! Just wanna make sure they haven’t given responses to anyone else and are just waiting to tell me no lol but I didn’t even think about the hurricane! Thank you!

On 10/25/2020 at 4:36 PM, aspiringPAstudent94 said:

Hey Jam999, I was also very concerned about that. Have you found any more info on that? I would very much like to know.

Btw, I researched about the degree, and the degree is fine. A lot of PA programs have different degree names but they all qualify you and Miami's PA program degree qualifies you to sit for the exam as well. But I am not sure about the licensing and that worries me lol

Have you by chance gotten any more information regarding this? 

On 11/10/2020 at 10:42 AM, hlam17 said:

Have you by chance gotten any more information regarding this? 

I interviewed on November 5th and they said that they legally have to tell you about it because of a new law in Florida, but it doesn't actually pertain to physician assistants because they are nationally certified. They assured us that their program qualifies their students to sit for the PANCE and that the state licensure information is more pertinent for RNs. Hope that helps!

also at @jam999

Edited by sshain

On 9/3/2020 at 2:22 PM, kerimonteleone said:

Did anyone receive this email even though they do meet the requirements?

24F157B5-15F2-4DE9-8A7E-40DC62C0B367.png

I actually received this same email with the anatomy and physiology prerequisite highlighted and reached out to Michelle Spence and got this clarified! My prereq situation was a bit more complicated than other traditional Pre-PAs though.

12 hours ago, Wdelf said:

Has anyone heard back yet? In two days it will be 6 weeks since my interview. 😭

Nothing yet, its making me so anxious because I have other schools wanting an answer and I'm waiting to reply because I'm hoping I got into Barry ☹️ and they are closed this week because I tried emailing and calling. Won't hear back till next week probably.