2020-2021 Application Cycle

Just a heads up for anyone applying with finished coursework after submission, I was notified that any unverified courses on your CASPA means you won't be considered. I didn't think that'd be a problem considering CASPA asks for an updated transcript anyway. Pretty bummed since I looked forward to this program, but good luck everyone!!

32 minutes ago, copticmare said:

Just a heads up for anyone applying with finished coursework after submission, I was notified that any unverified courses on your CASPA means you won't be considered. I didn't think that'd be a problem considering CASPA asks for an updated transcript anyway. Pretty bummed since I looked forward to this program, but good luck everyone!!

Do you mean that if (for example) you were taking a prereq this summer and finished it but at the time we submitted the app it was still in progress that we won't be considered?

5 minutes ago, orchidlily12 said:

Do you mean that if (for example) you were taking a prereq this summer and finished it but at the time we submitted the app it was still in progress that we won't be considered?

Yes, since we already submitted our application and cannot be verified all over again, they will not consider pre-req course grades that weren't included in that prior verification, if that makes sense. If you download your app after finishing new classes, they'll be put under "unverified" and I guess they don't accept that. 

Edited by copticmare

15 minutes ago, copticmare said:

Yes, since we already submitted our application and cannot be verified all over again, they will not consider pre-req course grades that weren't included in that prior verification, if that makes sense. If you download your app after finishing new classes, they'll be put under "unverified" and I guess they don't accept that. 

Ugghhhh I'm kicking myself right now...I completed all the prerequisites but I'm a little worried about an issue with the behavioral sciences prereqs. I took 6 credit hours of psych classes (both general and abnormal psych) and had grades for both of those courses when I applied, but I was taking Human Growth & Development over the summer and hadn't received a grade for that class yet. I put Human Growth & Development as one of the prereqs for the behavioral sciences prereqs in CASPA, and now I feel like because of that I might not be considered...I sent them an email and just called them about it, but do you think I'd still be able to be considered? I feel so mad at myself right now, especially since I did have all the prereqs completed at the time I submitted my app

Ugghhhh I'm kicking myself right now...I completed all the prerequisites but I'm a little worried about an issue with the behavioral sciences prereqs. I took 6 credit hours of psych classes (both general and abnormal psych) and had grades for both of those courses when I applied, but I was taking Human Growth & Development over the summer and hadn't received a grade for that class yet. I put Human Growth & Development as one of the prereqs for the behavioral sciences prereqs in CASPA, and now I feel like because of that I might not be considered...I sent them an email and just called them about it, but do you think I'd still be able to be considered? I feel so mad at myself right now, especially since I did have all the prereqs completed at the time I submitted my app

If the behavioral science courses that you had already completed could satisfy that requirement instead of human growth, I think it’s possible if you defend those existing grades if they email you—it’ll also show you’re super determined about their program! I’m pretty bummed too, I obviously don’t know their exact intention with that weird requirement but imo, I think as long as you complete courses and your transcripts are proof of that, you should be at least considered. It feels like a way to weed out in-progress applicants bc no way are we gonna wait to submit & risk other programs just for this requirement.
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 12:54 PM, copticmare said:

This is very unfortunate but thank you for sharing. They have not declined me yet, and I was waiting on a biochemistry course I took this summer. Submitted the application prior to receiving my grade. If I still have organic chemistry that satisfies the Ochem/Biochem prereq, but I selected to have Biochem on the CASPA app, do you think I will still be considered?

This is very unfortunate but thank you for sharing. They have not declined me yet, and I was waiting on a biochemistry course I took this summer. Submitted the application prior to receiving my grade. If I still have organic chemistry that satisfies the Ochem/Biochem prereq, but I selected to have Biochem on the CASPA app, do you think I will still be considered?

I would hope so! I don’t think the process of selecting our own pre-reqs makes or breaks us unless they do it so they don’t have to look at our transcripts but we truly won’t know. Let her know if she emails you

1 hour ago, copticmare said:

I would hope so! I don’t think the process of selecting our own pre-reqs makes or breaks us unless they do it so they don’t have to look at our transcripts but we truly won’t know. Let her know if she emails you

I will, thank you! Do we know of anyone receiving a decline email for this reason?

Hey guys. I got an interview invite from Barry. I didn't read the email well enough and submitted my headshot email a couple hours later than the deadline they gave me. They wanted it submitted by 6:00 PM today and I submitted it at 9:00 PM. Did I ruin my chance at an interview? I submitted the interview confirmation form on time by the way. 

34 minutes ago, Wdelf said:

Hey guys. I got an interview invite from Barry. I didn't read the email well enough and submitted my headshot email a couple hours later than the deadline they gave me. They wanted it submitted by 6:00 PM today and I submitted it at 9:00 PM. Did I ruin my chance at an interview? I submitted the interview confirmation form on time by the way. 

No one on this forum would know. You have to contact the individual whose signature is at the bottom of you invitation. 

5 hours ago, Wdelf said:

I would image you're totally fine! Simply send them a headshot and apologize for the delay without making any excuses. You're good enough to get an interview and a picture won't stop that. Good luck!