University of Utah 2020-21 Application cycle!

38 minutes ago, tdd0609 said:

Hang in there every one! I was accepted last year and can relate to the waiting anxiety. This is a crazy year for everyone but I’m sure you will all hear back soon 🙂

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! Congratulations on getting accepted last year! How are you liking the program so far?! 🙂

Thank you! Congratulations on getting accepted last year! How are you liking the program so far?! [emoji846]

Honestly, it’s such a great program. They’ve adapted really well to this new online/hybrid model and I am grateful everyday. The faculty is top notch and they know who they want in their program.

• Upvote 2

Lucky!! Is the program so awesome? Any advice for us? [emoji4]

The program is amazing!! Honestly, the best advice I can give is be yourself during interviews. I know that sounds cliche, but for this program it really matters. If you get an interview, then they already like you on paper. During interviews they mostly want to know who you are and what type of provider you would be. They are really big on our mission statement so make sure you know what we are all about! Good luck!!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, tdd0609 said:

The program is amazing!! Honestly, the best advice I can give is be yourself during interviews. I know that sounds cliche, but for this program it really matters. If you get an interview, then they already like you on paper. During interviews they mostly want to know who you are and what type of provider you would be. They are really big on our mission statement so make sure you know what we are all about! Good luck!!

awesome!!! Thank you so much for the advice! It is definitely appreciated. Hoping I get an interview!!!!

18 hours ago, latinaPA said:

Hang in there every one! I was accepted last year and can relate to the waiting anxiety. This is a crazy year for everyone but I’m sure you will all hear back soon 🙂

Well hello there fellow classmate!  Hang in there folks!  It's definitely a stressful time!  Many of the staff are still working from home, so it may take a little longer to get the interview invitations sent.  In the meantime, I posted some interview tips based on my interview and subsequent acceptance to Utah last year.  I think it's on page 3 for reference.  Good luck everyone!  Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

• Like 2

I'm from Utah too! Try not to stress, everyone! I know it seems impossible, but we are all in the same boat! Like pathgirl20 said, it is likely taking a little longer due to strain from COVID. I think everyone everywhere is kind of setting their hair on fire this year. I am sure we will hear back soon. I am as impatient as they come, but we all just have to try to remain positive and hopeful!! Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Hello friends! 

I'm a current first year PA student at UPAP! I just wanted to hop on here real quick and let you guys know about a resource for the application cycle. We have an email account set up where you can address questions for current students. It's run by a collection of first year students so if you have specific concerns, questions about the area, questions about the program, etc this is a great place to look! The email is upapmentor@yahoo.com

Good luck with the upcoming interviews, it's a scary but very exciting time and I'll tell you all it is very worth it! 

Hope to see some of you next year! 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, talpal said:

Hello friends! 

I'm a current first year PA student at UPAP! I just wanted to hop on here real quick and let you guys know about a resource for the application cycle. We have an email account set up where you can address questions for current students. It's run by a collection of first year students so if you have specific concerns, questions about the area, questions about the program, etc this is a great place to look! The email is upapmentor@yahoo.com

Good luck with the upcoming interviews, it's a scary but very exciting time and I'll tell you all it is very worth it! 

Thank you so much for this resource!! 

On 10/12/2020 at 7:53 PM, Erskinesimone38 said:

Thank you so much for this resource!! 

On 10/12/2020 at 5:24 PM, talpal said:

Hello friends! 

Thank you so much!!!!

2 hours ago, AMaxfield said:

I just barely found this site and this forum, but I am so glad that other people are in the same boat. I check my e-mail about every 10 minutes and would be lying if I said this week didn't give me a little bit of anxiety. 

Totally in the same boat, I've been racking my brain for the two months. I've probably randomly checked CASPA 10 times. Is this your first time applying? 

3 minutes ago, ShaneStr said:

Totally in the same boat, I've been racking my brain for the two months. I've probably randomly checked CASPA 10 times. Is this your first time applying? 

It is my first time and all the other schools haven't given me an interview. The U is my last one and I am really hopeful about it. 

23 minutes ago, YafiZayyat said:

Has anyone contacted admissions to get an update? I have and heard nothing back thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not over here, I assume things will be delayed to some degree due to COVID restrictions. But tomorrow is Friday, "mid-October." So I am hopeful.