2020-2021 Application Cycle (PA campus)

Y'all this is my first choice like I would do anything to get into PCOM- it's my dream school. You know when you walk onto a campus, and you just feel IT? Homey, and it feels right? That's how PCOM felt when I visited last summer, and I felt it when I chose my undergraduate institution as well. I toured PCOM and met faculty, and they were so kind. Ever since, I've been obsessed. Seriously, there isn't a time when I'm not thinking about it. They do this thing on Twitter where the Admissions Committee comes on every Wednesday from 2-3PM and answers questions, and I always take advantage of it just to get my name out there.

Here's my timeline so far:

I applied 06/22

Received supplemental application fee 07/14

Received PO/DO/MD Letter of Recommendation on 07/21

Received Miscellaneous Letter of Recommendation 07/21

Haven't heard back with a rejection or interview invite though. Feeling a bit crestfallen, but I know it's early! Any words of advice?

Guest goblue2020

@Anika

My advice would be stay positive!! Everything will work itself out. My timeline is fairly similar to yours and I still haven’t heard back with anything. Keep your head up and hopefully soon we’ll be hearing back! 

4 minutes ago, Anika said:

@kam11 hey girly, don’t worry! I’m definitely in the same boat, but we haven’t gotten a rejection either! My momma has been continually telling me, no news is good news 🙂 she also tries to tell me that patience is a virtue but that one I haven’t got a hang of yet lol

I love the positivity I see!! Thank you all for encouraging words. I have been so nervous about if I’ll hear back about an interview or not. I really want to go to this school, I have worked so hard taking classes and re taking classes, volunteering, leading health related seminars for women and children, worked grass roots with my city to help educate our families about maternal and child health, and the list goes on. I really want a program to see what I have to offer. 

• Like 2