2020-2021 Application Cycle (PA campus)

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone could give some insight about the interview? This will be my first one and it’s coming up on Tuesday and I was wondering when they provide further details regarding the schedule, zoom, etc. Also, you don’t have to go into too much detail but are there asking any ethical questions? I was wondering if I should brush up on some ethics prior to the interview. Thank you 🙂

Edited by KLRPrePA

On 10/21/2020 at 11:50 AM, uniqueanika said:

Has anyone decided to reach out to PCOM regarding their application? I don't know whether or not I should, because most schools tend to frown upon it, because eventually (whenever that is) THEY reach out to you.

I did 3 days ago but I haven't recieved a response yet. I'm also one of those students who never heard back anything. I was going to just assume that I didn't get in, but then I realized they do invite people to interview as late as January so...I dunno. 

I will let y'all know if they respond. 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 9:19 AM, KLRPrePA said:

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone could give some insight about the interview? This will be my first one and it’s coming up on Tuesday and I was wondering when they provide further details regarding the schedule, zoom, etc. Also, you don’t have to go into too much detail but are there asking any ethical questions? I was wondering if I should brush up on some ethics prior to the interview. Thank you 🙂

Hi! I had my interview a little over a week ago. I got two emails with times of the welcome video call and my individual interview that you should be receiving with the link for them! The first part was more of a get to know the candidates and kind of a little pep talk! I then had my individual interview with 2 of the faculty members which lasted around 20-30 minutes. I didn’t personally get any ethics questions! Hope this helps and good luck 🙂 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, brule said:

Hi! I had my interview a little over a week ago. I got two emails with times of the welcome video call and my individual interview that you should be receiving with the link for them! The first part was more of a get to know the candidates and kind of a little pep talk! I then had my individual interview with 2 of the faculty members which lasted around 20-30 minutes. I didn’t personally get any ethics questions! Hope this helps and good luck 🙂 

Thank you for your response - I hope you did well on your interview! Was the interview more laid back and conversational or more cut and dry where they just asked you questions and recorded your answers? Also, I’ve never used the google meet program that they use and I assume that I don’t need to download anything beforehand? Thanks again for your input! I haven’t seen much about interviews on here so you’ve been extremely helpful 🙂 

3 hours ago, KLRPrePA said:

Thank you for your response - I hope you did well on your interview! Was the interview more laid back and conversational or more cut and dry where they just asked you questions and recorded your answers? Also, I’ve never used the google meet program that they use and I assume that I don’t need to download anything beforehand? Thanks again for your input! I haven’t seen much about interviews on here so you’ve been extremely helpful 🙂 

Of course! Messaged you with some more info!

11 minutes ago, dean227 said:

I applied July 7th and I haven't heard anything back. How many interview invites are they planning on sending out because I'm getting nervous here. 😅

I applied June 22nd and everything got verified July 14th, and I haven't heard back yet. I've been accepted at three programs and have other invites, but PCOM remains my first choice. No idea what to do! But I heard they're interviewing well into January and maybe even February.

Hello everyone, i have a questions for those who have interview and those who are about to interview. i have my interview tomorrow and I'm worried that i don't have the link for the interview all i have is a calendar invite that i received that has a phone number but no instructions as to how to call or what platform to use. what should i do, or is this happening to all the people that are being interviewed? some please help me out. 

18 minutes ago, JGiraldo said:

Hello everyone, i have a questions for those who have interview and those who are about to interview. i have my interview tomorrow and I'm worried that i don't have the link for the interview all i have is a calendar invite that i received that has a phone number but no instructions as to how to call or what platform to use. what should i do, or is this happening to all the people that are being interviewed? some please help me out. 

Hi there, I was a little thrown off with the format too but the link is right above the phone number! Just under where it says "join with Google meet". Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, JGiraldo said:

No need to download anything. You just click the link to join and that’s it! Pretty easy platform to navigate. Good luck on your interview 🙂 

• Like 1

Guest dean227
On 10/26/2020 at 4:47 PM, uniqueanika said:

I applied June 22nd and everything got verified July 14th, and I haven't heard back yet. I've been accepted at three programs and have other invites, but PCOM remains my first choice. No idea what to do! But I heard they're interviewing well into January and maybe even February.

Oh are they still doing interviews till then? Cause I applied early July and haven’t heard anything yet! I hate the waiting 😫