2020-2021 Application Cycle (PA campus)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, margirlxo3 said:

Did anyone who submitted their application receive a confirmation email? I havent received anything. 

I have not received anything either. Submitted and verified as of yesterday. Judging from last years thread, applicants didn’t receive confirmation/links to supplementals until about the second week of June, so this is normal. 

16 minutes ago, TylerV said:

According to previous threads, I don't believe we will get anything until around the first week of June, if my memory serves me well

I did see those comments. Was getting anxious because I know there is a supplemental for this program.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erskinesimone38 said:

Yes please do share!!

So, interviews consisted of what was around 2 hours of tours and an informational session, followed by the actual interview.

I was actually shocked at how short the interviews were. They only spoke to each student for about 20-30 minutes each.

As for what I'd do differently, I think my answers were too rehearsed. They were really good at side stepping the typical PA school interview questions, and asked a lot of personal questions I wasn't quite prepared for. The best advice I can give is be flexivle ans answer the questions they ask, not the ones you wish they asked or prepared for.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I am a first time applicant and only an upcoming senior in college, PCOM is my top choice, but I know my PCE is limited, I am waiting until beginning of August to apply, as I heard from an admissions employee that they start interviewing in August. I know it’s late in the game to be applying, but I would like to have as many PCE hours as possible. I will have about 500 at the time of app, hopefully more. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions if you have already submitted or are a reapplicant. Best of luck to everyone! 🙂 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 10:32 PM, AndrewsOkay said:

Hey everybody, I was interviewed by PCOM last cycle but ultimately was not offered a seat.

I'm applying again this year and happy to talk about my experience with the interview process, and what I would have done differently.

Hey, I was wondering if you could share your stats and what do you think impeded your acceptance last year?

46 minutes ago, AlexisA said:

Hey, I was wondering if you could share your stats and what do you think impeded your acceptance last year?

Of course!

B.S. in Medical Laboratory Sciences and Biotechnology 

cGPA: 3.47

sGPA: 3.60

PCE: 8000+ Hours  (EMT, Urgent Care Tech, Phlebotomist)

Healthcare: 1500 Hours (Medical Laboratory Scientist)

Shadowing: 80 Hours (ER PA / Preceptor)

Leadership: 20 Hours (Developing Alumni Program)

Letters of Rec: 1 MD, 1 MD/PhD, 1 PhD, 2 Academic

Comparing myself based to others who were offered an interview last year, my GPA is actually a little on the lower side.

But, I think the main reason that I wasn't offered acceptance is that I gave a very weak interview. Since they only interview students for 20 minutes, you really have to make sure that yours is all killer no filler. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to work in the best parts about me as an applicant, and I flubbed a few questions because I wasn't prepared for them.

PCOM is VERY good at side-stepping the usual PA interview questions, and asking questions you aren't prepared for.

I hope that helps!

• Upvote 1