2020-2021 Application Cycle (PA campus)

Hey everybody!

Just in case anyone didn't receive it, PCOM put out an e-mail saying that acknowledgements of application are on their way.

These are the two main points made in the email:

• Once the PCOM Office of Admissions receives your application, you'll receive an acknowledgement email containing further instruction. Acknowledgement emails will be sent out on a weekly basis after an application becomes verified by CASPA.

• The acknowledgment email will provide access to your student applicant portal where you can see which supporting materials have been received. This is also where you will pay your PCOM institutional application fee ($25 per campus). Please note we cannot begin processing your application and letters of recommendation until the fee is paid. Processing an application can take up to two weeks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndrewsOkay said:

Hey everybody!

Just in case anyone didn't receive it, PCOM put out an e-mail saying that acknowledgements of application are on their way.

• Once the PCOM Office of Admissions receives your application, you'll receive an acknowledgement email containing further instruction. Acknowledgement emails will be sent out on a weekly basis after an application becomes verified by CASPA.

• The acknowledgment email will provide access to your student applicant portal where you can see which supporting materials have been received. This is also where you will pay your PCOM institutional application fee ($25 per campus). Please note we cannot begin processing your application and letters of recommendation until the fee is paid. Processing an application can take up to two weeks.

I saw this as well. Waiting to see what is to come! 

4 hours ago, AndrewsOkay said:

Hey everybody!

Thanks for the update!! I submitted my application about 2 weeks ago, but have not received this update, anyone else in the same boat? 

Just now, kayywri said:

Thanks for the update!! I submitted my application about 2 weeks ago, but have not received this update, anyone else in the same boat? 

I should add, I think I got this through their admissions department's newsletter, not because I'm an applicant. 

I can give everyone a screencap of the newsletter if you're interested. 

2 hours ago, AndrewsOkay said:

I should add, I think I got this through their admissions department's newsletter, not because I'm an applicant. 

I can give everyone a screencap of the newsletter if you're interested. 

Oh gotcha! Thanks lol I just wanted to make sure I didn’t t need to check in with my application! Good luck to you!

Hi everyone! 

Submitted 5/15

Verified 5/15

Confirmation email 7/2 (email states An early application is strongly recommended as admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis, post-interview, beginning in September. Once your application is complete and the Faculty Committee on Admissions has determined if you are qualified, you may be invited for a personal interview. The invitation is extended via email, so please check your email on a regular basis as candidates can be selected at any point throughout the application cycle.)

Paid $25 fee 7/5 (got confirmation email of my payment) 

LOR matched 7/8 

Edited by mlbosack

Hi everyone! I just emailed the admissions office for clarification.  They stated:

"PCOM has not downloaded any CASPA applications at this point in the process.  We will begin downloading later in the summer.  Once received by PCOM, an acknowledgement email will be sent with instructions to pay the PCOM fee".

I hope this helps clarify for those who have yet to hear anything! 🙂

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Erskinesimone38 said:

Hello! 

does anyone else get the emails about applying to either the GA campus or the PA one? 

also has anyone heard anything back yet? 

@Erskinesimone38 in the PCOM GA virtual information session from today the admissions department said that they should begin sending out confirmation emails starting this week or next week. I’m guessing this may be similar for Philly since they also said they run on a similar schedule. Hope this helps!

Edited by Mesarenee

4 hours ago, Mesarenee said:

@Erskinesimone38 in the PCOM GA virtual information session from today the admissions department said that they should begin sending out confirmation emails starting this week or next week. I’m guessing this may be similar for Philly since they also said they run on a similar schedule. Hope this helps!

Yes that helps! 

thank you 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, osakanohime said:

Hey guys! I applied sometime in mid-June and I have yet to receive a confirmation email, nor a supplemental application. And I read earlier that it doesn't have any essay questions on it?

I applied first week of May and just got the GA confirmation and supplemental app. There was no essay on GA so I'd assume there won't be one on the PA campus. Nothing so far from the PA campus. 

2 minutes ago, Rrrrrrr said:

I just received the supplemental application via email for the PA campus!

So did I! Just submitted the $25 application fee! 

Curious on the "letter of recommendation" portion. I had 4 submitted on CASPA app, do you think we need to send an individual one to their email as well? (confused on that part). What do you think?

1 minute ago, kmendie said:

So did I! Just submitted the $25 application fee! 

Curious on the "letter of recommendation" portion. I had 4 submitted on CASPA app, do you think we need to send an individual one to their email as well? (confused on that part). What do you think?

Me too! submitted money as well. Im thinking it might take them a bit to confirm the LOR on the app? It says to allow 15 days for updates so hoping it will all say received by then. 

1 hour ago, kayywri said:

Me too! submitted money as well. Im thinking it might take them a bit to confirm the LOR on the app? It says to allow 15 days for updates so hoping it will all say received by then. 

So once you submit the application fee, they will begin reviewing your application and confirm the required minimum of three LORs for their program. It says in the email it can take up to fifteen days for processing to occur once the fee is processed and application delivered to admissions. Once that all happens then it should be posted in the portal page. So I think all that we really have to do is pay the application fee and wait for further feedback, lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1