2020-2021 Application Cycle

Guest Paapp20202021
2 minutes ago, Moshie said:

For those that received interviews, did you have a PA write a LOR? Is it absolutely necessary for an interview ? 

I had a PA write my LOR and I know for a fact that a LOR from a PA is highly recommended or required for most programs

5 minutes ago, Paapp20202021 said:

Are you going to accept the interview ? 

I have not decided yet. I have to do some thinking and look into SMU more to see if I would prefer it over the school I accepted a seat at. Also, the email has no acceptance or decline option for the interview. It just says you have an interview that date and that it is virtual. There is no link to confirm as the other schools had for their interview invites.

Guest Paapp20202021
11 minutes ago, Lholloway14 said:

I would estimate 60-70. I know they held 3 sessions. 

That seems like too many people for one interview day to me 

Edited by Paapp20202021

13 minutes ago, Cayalachavez said:

Hello congrats to all who received an interview invite and those who have not yet keep waiting! How are you guys preparing for the virtual interview? Also, is it an all day interview?

it is most likely multiple sessions with breaks. An initial orientation for everyone with faculty, where they would introduce themselves and the program. Your interview session, most likely group interview with 2-4 applicants. Then the last portion can be a Q&A session with current students and admissions counselors. That is just my guess from other virtual PA interviews I had. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PA408 said:

it is most likely multiple sessions with breaks. An initial orientation for everyone with faculty, where they would introduce themselves and the program. Your interview session, most likely group interview with 2-4 applicants. Then the last portion can be a Q&A session with current students and admissions counselors. That is just my guess from other virtual PA interviews I had. 

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Cayalachavez said:

Thank you!

As to how to prepare. Watching youtube mock interviews definitely helps. And doing mock interviews with friends/colleagues is great practice. Search what the common questions asked in a PA interview are and practice them, but be prepared for questions that are not common. Also, do your research on the school/program and make sure to ask questions if time permits during your interview session and during the Q&A session. Congrats everyone on interview invites. 

8am-5:30pm is pretty long for an online interview! In my previous Zoom interview, I had information sessions, student Q and A, essay writing, and my interview. All of that took about 4 hours. What other activities do you all think they will have? (I'm scheduled for Jan 30th by the way! I am a reapplicant but didn't get an interview last year)

Edited by deltaformation3

Guest Paapp20202021
4 minutes ago, deltaformation3 said:

8am-5:30pm is pretty long for an online interview! In my previous Zoom interview, I had information sessions, student Q and A, essay writing, and my interview. All of that took about 4 hours. What other activities do you all think they will have? (I'm scheduled for Jan 30th by the way! I am a reapplicant but didn't get an interview last year)

When did you receive an invite? And do you believe it’s still early in the game to get an interview being a second time applicant to this school?

5 minutes ago, Paapp20202021 said:

When did you receive an invite? And do you believe it’s still early in the game to get an interview being a second time applicant to this school?

I received my invite 2 days ago. I'm not sure if they are still sending out invites but I do know SMU is typically one of the schools to start application review late in the cycle. Last year they also didn't get back to us until late Dec or January. There is still hope!

Guest Paapp20202021
4 minutes ago, deltaformation3 said:

I received my invite 2 days ago. I'm not sure if they are still sending out invites but I do know SMU is typically one of the schools to start application review late in the cycle. Last year they also didn't get back to us until late Dec or January. There is still hope!

It’s just concerning that students I guess don’t have the option to decline their interview invite offer?? So how would they know to invite more applicants??

Edited by Paapp20202021