2020-2021 Application Cycle

I’m hoping any current students might be able to answer this question - I noticed in previous years that they host a pizza party the night before interviews to answer questions/quell some nerves. I know the circumstance this year is a little different, but is anyone aware of a possible Zoom version for this cycle? I would be interested in an even last minute put-together 😬

• Like 4

On 1/16/2021 at 6:35 PM, thisisaudrey said:

I’m hoping any current students might be able to answer this question - I noticed in previous years that they host a pizza party the night before interviews to answer questions/quell some nerves. I know the circumstance this year is a little different, but is anyone aware of a possible Zoom version for this cycle? I would be interested in an even last minute put-together 😬

Current student here! There are currently plans for a virtual pizza night, but as the pandemic has taught us nothing is set in stone. Follow up emails will include further information for those of you interviewing.

For some other questions I've been seeing - I am sure they will address the probationary status in the interview, but the faculty have been working extremely hard and I have no doubt that their work will pay off at this years reassessment. So over the last 6+ months not only have the faculty had to transition to entirely online, but they've also had to go through applications for interviewing while working on the accreditation assessment all during a pandemic. They've been amazing and even with all the stress they've been under the quality of teaching has not gone by the wayside. Good luck to everyone and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you at interviews!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nnkat23 said:

Congrats to everyone on the interviews! I accepted one for 2/6 and sent an email to RSVP but didn’t hear anything back. Anyone else in the same boat? Wondering if I should email again to ensure they got it, I don’t want to accidentally miss the interview!! 

I'm in the same boat, I sent my email RSVP minutes after I got the invitation too. I tried calling the administrative assistant's number that was provided to see if she got my email, but no dice. I really hope they got our RSVPs!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Municahh said:

Current student here! There are currently plans for a virtual pizza night, but as the pandemic has taught us nothing is set in stone. Follow up emails will include further information for those of you interviewing.

For some other questions I've been seeing - I am sure they will address the probationary status in the interview, but the faculty have been working extremely hard and I have no doubt that their work will pay off at this years reassessment. So over the last 6+ months not only have the faculty had to transition to entirely online, but they've also had to go through applications for interviewing while working on the accreditation assessment all during a pandemic. They've been amazing and even with all the stress they've been under the quality of teaching has not gone by the wayside. Good luck to everyone and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you at interviews!

Thanks so much for this info. You seem to have so much pride for SMU. I absolutely love it! I’m hoping for a great interview on 1/30 so I’ll be able to experience this same pride in the fall. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, deltaformation3 said:

I originally had my date for 1/30 but received an email to reschedule to 2/13 due to scheduling conflicts. Has this happened to anyone else? Just curious! Anyways, looking forward to seeing some of you online on 2/13!

Hey! I originally was scheduled for 1/30/21 as well and responded to the interview date change to 2/13/21. I'm nervous on why they are changing the dates but I know they finalize the decision on March so let's hope for the best! I look forward to our interview :) 

On 1/20/2021 at 11:14 AM, nnkat23 said:

Congrats to everyone on the interviews! I accepted one for 2/6 and sent an email to RSVP but didn’t hear anything back. Anyone else in the same boat? Wondering if I should email again to ensure they got it, I don’t want to accidentally miss the interview!! 

was your email on your "to" line? 

Received an email around 7:30 pm (pst time) that some current students are hosting a casual zoom meeting get together to get to know the current students there, meet other candidates, and relieve some pre-interview anxiety. Hope to see some of you there! 

This is for the individuals that will be interviewing on 1/30, the zoom meeting will be on 1/29 to chat with current students. 

Edited by Buns1993
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Buns1993 said:

Received an email around 7:30 pm (pst time) that some current students are hosting a casual zoom meeting get together to get to know the current students there, meet other candidates, and relieve some pre-interview anxiety. Hope to see some of you there! 

This is for the individuals that will be interviewing on 1/30, the zoom meeting will be on 1/29 to chat with current students. 

can you fwd the email? I did not receive anything! cayalachavez@nevada.unr.edu

Congratulations to everyone who's been offered an interview! And good luck to those of you who are moving forward.

Has anyone out there not heard anything? Or received a rejection email? I have yet to hear anything, which I assume is bad news. I'd be lying if I said the lack of communication isn't driving me a little bit crazy.

7 minutes ago, jampa said:

Congratulations to everyone who's been offered an interview! And good luck to those of you who are moving forward.

Has anyone out there not heard anything? Or received a rejection email? I have yet to hear anything, which I assume is bad news. I'd be lying if I said the lack of communication isn't driving me a little bit crazy.

You’re not alone. I have not heard anything either. However, I don’t think they’re done sending interview invites yet, so I’d give it a couple more weeks before losing hope 🙂 

Last year they sent out all rejections at the same time (3/9/20), after interviews had all been completed and the incoming class selected. Hope this helps

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alysd said:

You’re not alone. I have not heard anything either. However, I don’t think they’re done sending interview invites yet, so I’d give it a couple more weeks before losing hope 🙂 

Last year they sent out all rejections at the same time (3/9/20), after interviews had all been completed and the incoming class selected. Hope this helps

Thank you! This is helpful. I was wondering if they notified all applicants at once. I'm crossing my fingers for you and me both!

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 7:45 PM, Buns1993 said:

Hello! I will be attending the 1/29 chat , and have my interview on the 30th. see you there !