2020-2021 Application Cycle

Just now, Paapp20202021 said:

I thought it said between 144-168 but anyways So tommroow would be our last opportunity for an interview? What about people that decline though?

I meant like they had three separate interview days! So right now it looks like the 30th and the 6th so far. There should definitely be one more as well. It looked like people received invites if people rejected the invitations as well!

27 minutes ago, Paapp20202021 said:

so would there then be one last interview day that will be available then? 

Hey, I’m a re-applicant - last year they sent out interview invites over the course of 3 weeks (first went out 12/23, last one went out around 1/18, so timeline is a little later this cycle). So if we don’t hear anything this week that doesn’t necessarily mean Game Over. Hang in there! I’m still hoping too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Paapp20202021
2 minutes ago, ameiyan said:

I didn't respond because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to or not lol. I'm waiting for the follow up email!

Did it show up in your spam folder?

Guest Paapp20202021
Just now, dianan604 said:

Just received an interview invite for 2/6!! Does anybody have any advice or recommendations for interview prep resources?! I am absolutely over the moon! 

What time did you receive the invite?

24 minutes ago, Paapp20202021 said:

So basically it’s over at this point since interviews have been called for 1/30, 2/6, and 2/13

I think it's a little too early to declare that. Like I said above, last year they sent out invites over the course of about 3 weeks. Just because people in here have received invites for multiple dates does not necessarily mean they have filled every single seat for all of those dates. 

5 minutes ago, Paapp20202021 said:

I’m sorry I’m freaking out! I just feel like I haven’t had the best luck this cycle and I really am very passionate about this program. I appreciate you giving me that hope and strength 🙂

Believe me I completely understand! SMU is one of my top choices and I live only 20 minutes away from campus. This is my 2nd year trying; applied to 10 programs this year and have had no interview invitations thus far. It's easy to get demoralized. Hope for good news soon. ❤️ 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, am12345 said:

Also received an interview for 2/13!!! Does anyone who interviewed last year know the structure/format? 

Hey there! I actually interviewed there last year and ended up number 4 on the waitlist. I received an interview for this cycle for 1/30. I know the 9 hour interview seems overwhelming, but I had a great experience. They separated us into groups and we had a current student help us go from one place to the next. I promise the whole day was not just one on one interviews! That being said, I have no clue how they are going to do it this cycle with it being virtual. 

• Like 2