2020-2021 Application Cycle

11 hours ago, NicoleJo said:

Current student again...sorry you guys haven’t heard anything yet, I know how frustrating it is! I unfortunately don’t have any direct information regarding why you haven’t gotten any correspondence from the university however, I do know that this week the majority of faculty is busy finalizing paperwork to send to the ARC to help ensure we get off of probation. We also just started our spring semester this Monday and Covid has really made a lot of things move slower than we all would have hoped. 

Hoping you guys hear something next week by the latest and sorry I’m not much more help!

Thanks for the update!

• Like 1

Guest Paapp20202021
1 hour ago, Armita said:

Thanks for the update!

I just wanna know... hopefully this coming week! 

Edited by Paapp20202021

Guest Paapp20202021
On 1/8/2021 at 11:52 PM, Paapp20202021 said:

I just wanna know... hopefully this coming week! 

Now I’m wondering if they are even seating a class this fall 🤣🤣🤣

Guest Paapp20202021
29 minutes ago, Mcn22 said:

I got an interview this afternoon for the 30th. Out of state app. Not sure if I will accept yet as I’ve already been accepted to University of Washington . 

If you think university of Washington is the better fit, you should go there!

Congrats to everyone who got an interview invite today! 
I know they do a holistic app review, but simply for the sake of curiosity, could you all share your stats and what you do for work? Thanks and good luck 

(I know PCE hour count is bound to be wonky since a full 6 months has passed since most of us applied 😂😅)

Edited by alysd

I got an interview on 1/30 as well, I am beyond excited and so grateful! I am a second time applicant to this school but this will be my 4th round of applying to PA schools. GPA 3.24, sGPA 3.02, struggled with my GPA during college and have spent the last few years working full time and taking classes to build an upward trend. 9,000+ hours as a CNA in a hospital currently. 

• Like 2

Guest Paapp20202021
29 minutes ago, futureprepa95 said:

I'm a first time applicant and also got an interview! I have 3k PCE as a MA and EMT and 500 volunteer hours with direct pt care. My GPA was 3.2 but after a gap yr I raised it to 3.6! I love the program but nervous that SMU recently lost their accreditation. I hope they address it during the interview.

They didn’t loose their accreditation. They are on probation at the moment. they are at risk of loosing there accreditation if they do not address those concerns at there next ARC meeting in June 2021. Make sure you guys have a backup plan in case they loose it at this upcoming meeting. 

Edited by Paapp20202021

Just received interview invite for 2/6.

Was waitlisted for SMU last cycle. 

I'm a third time applicant. 

cgpa 3.16/sgpa 3.1

PCE over 12k hrs in a few roles. Currently PCA in orthopedics. 

HCE 100 hrs. 500+ volunteer hrs, 500+ organic chem research. A few leadership roles. 

Edited by ninjahmc
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ninjahmc said:

Just received interview invite for 2/6.

Was waitlisted for SMU last cycle. 

I'm a third time applicant. 

cgpa 3.16/sgpa 3.1

PCE over 12k hrs in a few rules. Currently PCA in orthopedics. 

HCE 100 hrs. 500+ volunteer hrs, 500+ organic chem research. A few leadership roles. 

when did you submit your application?

Guest Paapp20202021
27 minutes ago, PA408 said:

Interview emails are still being sent out. I just got an interview invite for 1/30 😀. I already accepted my admission to another school so I am in a pickle. 

If you see the other school being a better fit, then go there and give up your interview seat to someone that may need it just alittle more.

Edited by Paapp20202021

Guest Paapp20202021
4 minutes ago, Paapp20202021 said:

If you see the other school being a better fit, then go there and give up your interview seat to someone that may need it just alittle more.

For anyone who has received an interview, do you guys know how many interview slots there are?