2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 7/16/2020 at 10:58 AM, xtcine said:

Just received my application verification today! They will be inviting for interviews in December, with interviews held in January and February, and final decisions by March.

Same goes for me! Looks like we are all stuck waiting...

Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 8:39 PM, Gr8nessawaits said:

One of the schools I attended is not in the approved prequisite database. Theyre requiring a syllabus for each class. Is this even possible. Where would I find a syllabus from years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of schools have archives of old syllabi on their department websites. I managed to find all of mine through some creative googling (I’d start with the school name, class number, and year) as well as going through old files on my laptop. Good luck!

1 hour ago, alysd said:

Anyone else get confirmation email of receipt of application today? Woohoo! A long wait ahead though - says they won’t even begin issuing interview invites until November. Last year my friend didn’t even get an invite until February!

Yep I got mine today too! November needs to get here so I can breathe a little easier and have some sort of answer from these schools 😅

Hi All! I thought I would ask here in case someone already had the question answered. I took Microbiology for 5 quarter units, but the requirement says 6 quarter units. Does anyone know if Samuel Merritt accepts 5 quarter units? I know some programs do this, but I've mostly heard of that exception for Statistics courses.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 12:04 PM, hlreed4 said:

Hi All! I thought I would ask here in case someone already had the question answered. I took Microbiology for 5 quarter units, but the requirement says 6 quarter units. Does anyone know if Samuel Merritt accepts 5 quarter units? I know some programs do this, but I've mostly heard of that exception for Statistics courses.

Unfortunately they won't accept the 5 quarter units. I attended their virtual Q&A and they want exactly the 6 quarter units. I'm in the same dilemma also.

On 8/25/2020 at 10:11 AM, missxchar said:

Unfortunately they won't accept the 5 quarter units. I attended their virtual Q&A and they want exactly the 6 quarter units. I'm in the same dilemma also.

My microbiology course was 5 quarter credits as well.  I did also complete immunology and an advanced human genetics course.... is anyone aware if these would also fulfill the microbio requirement? I couldn't find more info on their site.  Thank you for any insight!

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ceejthefuturePA said:

How do you know interview invites are given out in December? I didn't see this info on their website. 

Was noted in the email confirming receipt of application. For reference, here’s what mine said on 8/6/20 👍🏼

We will begin sending out interview invitations in November and will continue to invite candidates to interview as space permits until the interview process is completed.  We have a total of 144 interview slots.  It is very likely you will not hear from us before that time.  Invitations come directly from the PA department and not through the Office of Admission. All applicants will know their final admission status by the beginning of March.“

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, aspiringPAstudent94 said:

I wonder why some emails say they will be sent out in Nov and some say they will be sent in Dec? I received my confirmation email on 8/6 and it said the same thing as @alysd said

Perhaps worth noting that the person whose email said December received theirs a month later than us, so SMU May have adjusted their timeline. Many schools seem to be running behind this year due to staffing related to Covid. We’re getting closer though! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Paapp20202021
52 minutes ago, aspiringPAstudent94 said:

Anyone heard anything? Thanks alysd for the reply!

Haven’t heard back yet but I hope we hear some good news next week!