2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 1/25/2021 at 6:24 PM, marieeeeee said:

Congratulations to everyone who has received an interview! Mine is scheduled for 2/6. Does anyone else who is interviewing 2/6 want to do a zoom meet ahead of time so that the group portions of the interview feel more comfortable?

I’m sorry if I am late to reply but I’d love to zoom with others interviewing 2/6! e.eccles23@gmail

On 1/25/2021 at 9:24 PM, marieeeeee said:

Congratulations to everyone who has received an interview! Mine is scheduled for 2/6. Does anyone else who is interviewing 2/6 want to do a zoom meet ahead of time so that the group portions of the interview feel more comfortable?

I know I'm late, but I'd be down for a zoom meet before 2/6, my email is Katherinebelt5@gmail.com

1 minute ago, FM123 said:

Does anyone know if more interview invites will be sent out? I haven't received one. 

Good luck to everyone interviewing!!! 

I had thought perhaps there would be some more as people declined, but at this point I’m thinking it’s not too likely, unless perhaps a spare spot opens up in the next week or so 😕 The last interview is 2/13 so at least by then we’ll know next can start planning for next cycle. 

On 1/20/2021 at 11:14 AM, nnkat23 said:

Congrats to everyone on the interviews! I accepted one for 2/6 and sent an email to RSVP but didn’t hear anything back. Anyone else in the same boat? Wondering if I should email again to ensure they got it, I don’t want to accidentally miss the interview!! 

me neither and its now what almost two weeks later... should we be worried?

4 hours ago, dianan604 said:

Congrats on finishing!!!! Was there time dedicated for a lunch break? Trying to figure out if I should have food prepared next to me lol. Also, did they tell you when you'd hear back about acceptances?

There was time for a lunch break! I had a water bottle near by so I could sneak a few sips when needed. I saw a lot of people doing that. 
Not trying to give too much but the chair will explain the entire process regarding when everyone will hear back sometime during the day. Good Luck!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RoadtoPAschooll said:

There was time for a lunch break! I had a water bottle near by so I could sneak a few sips when needed. I saw a lot of people doing that. 
Not trying to give too much but the chair will explain the entire process regarding when everyone will hear back sometime during the day. Good Luck!!

I completely understand. I’ll definitely be keeping my coffee and water nearby then— thank you so much!!!!! 

That's interesting, I would have thought they would have waited until they interviewed all applicants before making their final decisions as it reduces the number of "seats" available to applicants who interviewing later, like me on 02/13.  I wonder if they are accepting a certain number of interviewees per interview day.  Still, congrats though!

36 minutes ago, DanCoon said:

That's interesting, I would have thought they would have waited until they interviewed all applicants before making their final decisions as it reduces the number of "seats" available to applicants who interviewing later, like me on 02/13.  I wonder if they are accepting a certain number of interviewees per interview day.  Still, congrats though!

Has been pretty common among other programs I’ve applied to. Sometimes when they know they really want someone they jump on it right away! 
Congrats @JaythePA!

Edited by alysd

1 hour ago, DanCoon said:

It’s not uncommon. When I got my call she said sometimes they are really impressed and excited about a student so they may call early. I think there are plenty more spots for applicants who already interviewed 1/31 and applicants who are waiting for interviews 2/6 & 2/13. I would not worry! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DanCoon said:

From what I've read from previous threads and cycles for SMU, they usually call anywhere from 5-10 candidates after each interview that they really liked and extend them an early acceptance. So that still gives room for equal early acceptances after each interview date. After that, they rank and invite the rest accordingly. No one is rejected from SMU if you're extended an interview from my understanding, just waitlisted from 1-100. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, RoadtoPAschooll said:

It’s not uncommon. When I got my call she said sometimes they are really impressed and excited about a student so they may call early. I think there are plenty more spots for applicants who already interviewed 1/31 and applicants who are waiting for interviews 2/6 & 2/13. I would not worry! 

2 hours ago, JaythePA said:

Damn. I really just got my early acceptance call. This is crazy 🥲

Omg Congrats!!!!! Interviewing this Saturday. Super excited!

• Thanks 1