2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, CLC0617 said:

@Ameer432 Congrats! When did you send in your application? Are you here locally? How are you feeling about it?? 

@CLC0617I sent my application today. I thought I had already sent it I guess I got distracted. No, i'm not local i'm from Tennessee, but my aunt lives in Phoenix. Do you know if they have rolling admissions?

Edited by Ameer432

Hi everyone, IMPORTANT QUESTION!

So the two questions in CASPA under the Program Materials section for NAU (Mission statement and connections)...are these ACTUALLY the supplemental questions for NAU? I thought suppementals were sent usually after verifying primary CASPA apps??

@Graceme Those questions were supplemental questions you have to fill out for NAU on the actual CASPA app. You still have to do a supplemental application for NAU's graduate school, but NAU will see the essay questions answered when you submit your CASPA app. Does that make sense? Many of the schools require supplemental essays (infact, I only applied to one school that didnt!). Best of luck to you. 

@Graceme Yes the two questions on CASPA are the supplemental "essays" for NAU. But NAU also requires their supplemental application- not more essays. You have to go the NAU website and fill out their application for their graduate school. They charge for it, and it says that just because you may be admitted to the graduate school, does not guarantee admission into the PA program. For whatever reason, NAU requires both CASPA and their own application. I was confused also at first. But when looking at your CASPA application, they will also look to see if they have your graduate application. It is confusing, I get it. But no more essays after the CASPA ones. : ) Hope this helps. 

On 6/6/2020 at 10:40 PM, Graceme said:

Wait so this is the supplemental for NAU through CASPA and then the graduate application also has its own supplemental? I'm sorry, that's confusing. I get that the 2 CASPA questions are supplemental. But what other supplemental are you talking about?

Also be sure you have your graduate college app in too on the same day o be considered for this cycle. I made the mistake of submitting the graduate college application 2 days after the CASPA app and I received this email from them yesterday. I had to email them back and ask that they please continue to consider me for their program and that I did submit the graduate college application. They have since contacted me to let me know they put me back in application process but I tell you what, it makes your stomach cramp when you that email 😂 so save yourself the stomach ache. Good luck 🤞🏼 

Screenshot_20200608-133109.png

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Ayalad said:

Also be sure you have your graduate college app in too on the same day o be considered for this cycle. I made the mistake of submitting the graduate college application 2 days after the CASPA app and I received this email from them yesterday. I had to email them back and ask that they please continue to consider me for their program and that I did submit the graduate college application. They have since contacted me to let me know they put me back in application process but I tell you what, it makes your stomach cramp when you that email 😂 so save yourself the stomach ache. Good luck 🤞🏼 

Screenshot_20200608-133109.png

How do you get to this app? I've been trying to find it

I submitted my CASPA and secondary on 5/28, then I received a student password in my email. The link no longer works so Im going to have to call to get in, but does anything know what its used for? I never received an email saying my application was complete and under review tho, just the student password.

No I never received an application update either. I think they will reach out to us individually and let us know if we have made the preliminary requirements or not. (At least two other schools have done it this way!). I was notified one of my other applications did not meet the preliminary req' because that school required you to have your BA completed PRIOR to applying, rather than in progress. 

• Upvote 1

Hey guys really quick, my previous post was just to hopefully help you guys learn from my mistake, not to freak you out. I'm sorry if it did. Basically, I wish I had submitted them both on the same day. If I was thinking ahead, I probably would have submitted the NAU grad college application first so that by the time my CASPA app was verified, NAU would have had both of them. There is no set rule for when they should each be submitted, just that they both need to be submitted otherwise your application will be considered incomplete and you will get that email from the admissions office. Saying your application is not being considered. Then you will have to contact them to let them know that you did submit both. That takes extra time for you and the admissions office because they have to go look for it in their system. I was just trying to hopefully help others learn from my mistake.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, acorder5 said:

I submitted my CASPA and secondary on 5/28, then I received a student password in my email. The link no longer works so Im going to have to call to get in, but does anything know what its used for? I never received an email saying my application was complete and under review tho, just the student password.

When I reached out to the admissions office about that email, this is what they said :

Hello,

Thank you, because it was submitted June 4, 2020, it probably just didn’t show up in our daily report as It may take up to 1-2 business days for the NAU application to be visible on our end. I have moved your application back into the preliminary review process. Once your application is reviewed you will be notified if you meet our minimum requirements for the program.

I hope this information is helpful.  Please let me know if you have any other questions. Additionally, we are offering a free virtual NAU PA Community Day on July 6, 2020. Hear about the program, and get a chance to ask questions to staff and faculty about the program and admission process. Register today! Can’t make it July? Search Eventbrite for our other virtual Community Days.

Thank you,

Poppy Hochstetler

Administrative Associate

Northern Arizona University

Department of Physician Assistant Studies

• Like 2

Had the same thing happen to me, I submitted my CASPA app the day the application cycle opened up. Had no clue about the supplemental and they pulled my application out. Luckily they told me my application would go back to the original place in line. I also learned the website has a apply now link that can lead into some trouble, I think they are working to resolve that issue.

I had to called about making the NAU account because the link also stopped working for me and then searched "NAU louie" realizing the login is used for anything NAU related, when you log in it looks like your traditional college homepage