2020-2021 Application Cycle

Hello! I'm so thrilled I found this discussion forum. I received my interview invitation today for 9/28. Looking forward to meeting everyone that I have the opportunity to interview with 🙂 Does anyone know what kind of interviewing format they use? They said it will be from 8am-5pm so I'm not entirely sure what to expect. I would love to know how you all are preparing. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 8:43 PM, Bensell9014 said:

So guys I figured id pop my head in here and introduce myself. My name is Benjamin Sell PA-C. I Graduated from Northern Arizona Universities PA Program in 2019. I am a PA in Neurosurgery in Nashville Tennessee. For those of you nervous about interviewing, I have started a company that helps with mock interviews. Interviewed at 25 different schools. I have tons of experience interviewing. Please check out my website.

https://physicianassistantschooladvice.org

A little piece of insider advice: You are not out of contention until you get a letter saying no. No news does not mean bad news (especially with NAU-they take forever). I have helped people who got the very last interview slot in December and got accepted or waitlisted and then pulled off the waitlist 1 day into orientation. Keep your spirits up.

Cheers,

Benjamin Sell PA-C (my personal email is bs722@nau.edu if you have any questions)

Hi Benjamin,

I tried to send you an email and it says Failed to Delivery. Do you have another email ?

3 hours ago, maikkig said:

does anyone know how many interview dates they have? 

The website says they interview an average of 3 applicants per position and there are 50 spots. So, maybe 150 interviewees, if not more. I know there are more interviews on Wednesday. Our group that had interviews today had about 20 people. So, I would assume about 6-7 more interview dates? They will end right before Thanksgiving for sure because that's when they said they would let everyone know. Just an educated guess, though. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, alejaarmenta said:

Has anyone who is interviewing tomorrow received the zoom link, agenda, or the Zoom etiquette instructions yet? Just wondering if it is just me and I need to be in full panic mode or others as well! I didn't want to bug Poppy but I went ahead and sent an email just in case. 

Just spoke with NAU, they will have it here shortly

• Like 1