2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

@MVZ2020 I watched some YouTube Videos about Casper and took their practice test. You can't really "study" but you can brush up on ethics and get used to typing and thinking fast. Reddit has some good threds as well. 

Also, my test confirmation was also sent to me in Eastern time....I live in central, so I almost missed my test. Totally my fault, but it was something crucial I overlooked. I hope this helps, good luck!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Guest mands
10 minutes ago, gruntmane said:

Hi! @Joemonkey when did you submit? I still haven’t gotten the Yale verification email...

this may or may not help but heres my timeline 

-submitted my app on 6/9

-verified on 6/10

-got a call from yale about my personal stuff on 6/10

-got a yale email that application fee was not received on 6/11

-sent out my fee on 6/11 

-application fee received 6/22 

-application under review call 6/29

-application under review email 6/30

9 hours ago, Joemonkey said:

I submitted around 06/10 and turned in the supplemental fee around 06/24

might be awhile. I hope they will receive your supplemental fee sooner. I believe they do not review your application unless caspa is verified and supplemental is receive.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, iyo1789 said:

might be awhile. I hope they will receive your supplemental fee sooner. I believe they do not review your application unless caspa is verified and supplemental is receive.

I got the CASPA fee waiver so did not have to send the supplemental application fee to Yale. Are u also waiting for interview invite?

1 hour ago, iyo1789 said:

I think everyone's apps might get looked at and emails sent to all of us in batches, at least it seems that way? Check back in this thread to see everyone's general timeline and hopefully that'll help ease your mind a bit! 🙂

• Like 1

Hey @tx808 I think resumes are generally on one page, yes. But I think you can submit a CV, which is longer and more detailed. And @MVZ2020, once you submit, your application will be verified through CASPA, and then sent off to Yale. Make sure you send the $50 ASAP to Yale, because once they receive your fee and application, they'll "review" it and contact you further.

• Upvote 1

Guest mands
2 hours ago, tx808 said:

Did everyone receive an email that the supplemental fee had arrived?

Should our resume be one page?

thanks! 

Yes! I will say, even if you do 1 day shipping it won't even process in "  1 day" at this point in the cycle, so try to get in! I did 1 day shipping and even tho it got there, it took like over a week for me to get the confirmation. 

I know a resume would be 1 page, but a CV doesn't! However, if you need more than that 1 page, you might have to think about how much longer it is, and if you can actually make a "short CV" into just a "long resume". 

For example, I submitted a CV because I have publications under a PI so it took a little over half a page to summarize the abstracts/the role I took in the research (eg. Lab admin: list tasks here... Testing at schools/local science museum: list tasks here...Abstract: this, this and this). My CV was about 5 pages, but I checked this with like 8 different professors/CV builders and they said it was necessary. So, consider finding people to give you opinions on what is best for your circumstance! 

3 hours ago, ScullyAMA said:

Hey @tx808 I think resumes are generally on one page, yes. But I think you can submit a CV, which is longer and more detailed. And @MVZ2020, once you submit, your application will be verified through CASPA, and then sent off to Yale. Make sure you send the $50 ASAP to Yale, because once they receive your fee and application, they'll "review" it and contact you further.

Thanks for the advise. What do they require from you once you have paid their fee and they start reviewing it?

Do they ask for anything else like more documentation, vaccination records, physical exam, supplemental application,etc...?

Guest mands
1 hour ago, MVZ2020 said:

Thanks for the advise. What do they require from you once you have paid their fee and they start reviewing it?

Do they ask for anything else like more documentation, vaccination records, physical exam, supplemental application,etc...?

They would require the fee, which you get an email for once that is processed. A few days later or so you get the "under review" email. 

If they request you to take another course/retake a course, then you would have to get an enrollment verification letter from the school and will not process your app until that is done. Otherwise, it's just CASPA + CASPER + Fee + enrollment verification (if requested) for this school.

I've been a lurker here for awhile. I actually found this forum when I was researching schools last year and forgot about it until today. I'm from Michigan and have been a medic for about 12 years now. Yale is the only school I've applied to so far this application cycle. Any of my second choice schools will require some more prereqs to be taken so I'm hoping for a quick acceptance to Yale so I can take the fall semester off 🙂

Since I haven't been posting all along I will give a rundown of my timeline.

CASPA submitted 5/25

CASPA verified 6/2

Phone call from adviser to verify if supplemental application fee had been sent and to review my application 6/3

Email verification of application fee 6/5

Application under review email 6/9

Offer to interview 6/22

Interviews scheduled for 7/8 🤞

Good luck or break a leg (for the superstitious theatre types) to everyone who has applied and thanks to everyone that have been sharing helpful hints.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, jamierah said:

I've been a lurker here for awhile. I actually found this forum when I was researching schools last year and forgot about it until today. I'm from Michigan and have been a medic for about 12 years now. Yale is the only school I've applied to so far this application cycle. Any of my second choice schools will require some more prereqs to be taken so I'm hoping for a quick acceptance to Yale so I can take the fall semester off 🙂

Since I haven't been posting all along I will give a rundown of my timeline.

CASPA submitted 5/25

CASPA verified 6/2

Phone call from adviser to verify if supplemental application fee had been sent and to review my application 6/3

Email verification of application fee 6/5

Application under review email 6/9

Offer to interview 6/22

Interviews scheduled for 7/8 🤞

Good luck or break a leg (for the superstitious theatre types) to everyone who has applied and thanks to everyone that have been sharing helpful hints.

Welcome!

Prior Corpsman here. 
glad you found the forum and find it helpful. Congrats on your interviews 🙂 

28 minutes ago, ScullyAMA said:

yay, good luck @jamierah (usmc??)!!! Keep us updated!!!!! 

Nope, not military. If you're referencing the "rah" in my user name you have to dig way deeper back to high school literature class and read "Watership Down" where the quiet shy one becomes the leader of the group and in their culture the leader is designated by adding "rah" to the end of their name. I got the moniker when I ran for student council president and to my surprise I actually won.

• Like 1

Guest mands
24 minutes ago, jamierah said:

Nope, not military. If you're referencing the "rah" in my user name you have to dig way deeper back to high school literature class and read "Watership Down" where the quiet shy one becomes the leader of the group and in their culture the leader is designated by adding "rah" to the end of their name. I got the moniker when I ran for student council president and to my surprise I actually won.

welcome!!! congrats on the interview!!!!!!!!