2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Hi I am new in this forum. I am also working on my application for the Yale Online Program.

Will any of the people that have been accepted to the program be so kind to share their stats?

Any advise on how to format my CV ( resume). I already have a good one but I have researched and there are too many advises on how to format your CV, but I would like to take some opinions on the people which have been trough the Yale process.

Guest mands
10 minutes ago, MVZ2020 said:

Hi I am new in this forum. I am also working on my application for the Yale Online Program.

Will any of the people that have been accepted to the program be so kind to share their stats?

Any advise on how to format my CV ( resume). I already have a good one but I have researched and there are too many advises on how to format your CV, but I would like to take some opinions on the people which have been trough the Yale process.

Hi hun! 

TBH stats don't really matter when they take a holistic approach, but i'm sure some of the lovelies like the share : ) I love resume building. If you'd like, i'd love to take a peek at yours and I can share mine, too. Welcome! 

edit: im not admitted btw but my resume had success with getting interviews to other programs!

Edited by mands

7 minutes ago, mands said:

Hi hun! 

TBH stats don't really matter when they take a holistic approach, but i'm sure some of the lovelies like the share : ) I love resume building. If you'd like, i'd love to take a peek at yours and I can share mine, too. Welcome! 

edit: im not admitted btw but my resume had success with getting interviews to other programs!

I support the not sharing of stats.

I totally understand wanting to see how we all compare to each other, but Yale Online is awesome in that they look at the whole applicant. I personally know people who have been accepted with a “lower” GPA. 

Regarding the resume. You’re right, there is a ton of info out there. I just picked a very simple/clean layout and included all the info Yale Online requested. I have poor service right now, so I can’t access the direct link to include it here for you, but it can be found on their site. 

Welcome to the forum! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you ladies,

I did not know we were not supposed to share stats. My bad.

I still have to take the CASPer test. Besides what they state in their website is there any other advise you can give?

Thank you for welcoming me to the chat.

P.S. Emilymuff: When you get a chance if you could please sent me that link. I appreciate it

Edited by MVZ2020

On 6/23/2020 at 8:38 PM, madi.loruss said:

Hi! I got my interview invite yesterday!! Does anyone know how long after it takes to hear about acceptance?!? Also is this the first round of interviews for this cycle?

Good luck to everyone and wish us all good luck! It's happening! 

Hi!  And welcome!  

I bide my time with work, 4 busy kiddos, a household, and school to try and maneuver. Outside of those things I swear I have no additional time. It’s been a crazy month and I’m ready for some vacation time. 

5 minutes ago, MVZ2020 said:

Thank you ladies,

I still have to take the CASPer test. Besides what they state in their website is there any other advise you can give?

No need to apologize!!! You can definitely share if you want, we just try to avoid it because we all naturally get competitive (because this is competitive and hard!) and want to compare. This forum has been supportive with as little hostility as possible 😆 

Guest mands
3 minutes ago, femeredith said:

Can you practice in any state with this online degree?! Anyone know?

Someone else can answer your question directly, but even if it's an online degree on the website it says that no where on the degree paper will it say it was done online. If that really matters to anyone, it doesn't to me lol! 

27 minutes ago, femeredith said:

Can you practice in any state with this online degree?! Anyone know?

Current student here. So technically you can't practice in any state with just a degree. The PANCE is the only thing that makes you eligible or not. To your point, yes we are able to take the PANCE and get a license to practice in any state so long as we pass the PANCE.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, femeredith said:

@WBTKPK thanks! How do you like your experience at Yale online so far if you dont mind me asking! Seems like a perfect school with covid and everything going on

I absolutely love it (and I'm saying that after taking 6 midterms today 🤣). I am getting a fantastic education, I love my peers in my cohort (and the two cohorts above us). The faculty are outstanding and care very deeply about us as people. All in all 10/10 would recommend. Send me a message if you've got other questions!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, MVZ2020 said:

Hi. I have been admitted and although this is an open forum where anyone can post anything they want as a whole we haven’t really posted stats so we could focus more on each other as people and as future providers. It’s been wonderful to see everyone and their aspirations without tainting the pool with stats that simply cause us to compare each other and fall into the spiraling vortex of self debt. Anyway! I’m glad to see you found the forum! 
As far as the resume any format will work. I picked something that I think showed my personality a bit lol. I’m not a bullet point kinda girl 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mands said:

He said that it would take 3-4 weeks to hear about an interview, however it feels like it's been a lot sooner for some of us! So, fingers crossed. I'm entering a new level of anxiety!!!

Oh mercy... I don't know if my sanity will make it that long. My husband is already complaining about my neurotic cleaning... I need a new stress hobby, and shopping is not an option... Maybe baking? I like baking. I foresee cheesecake in my husband's near future 🙂

2 hours ago, MVZ2020 said:

Thank you ladies,

P.S. Emilymuff: When you get a chance if you could please sent me that link. I appreciate it

🙂 It's ok! Most other forums share stats, but it's really easy to get down on yourself or feel like you're not "good" enough. Yale Online is a pretty unique group and it's about your journey and what you've done. As long as you meet the requirements, you get a look! I'm also an admitted student and this is what I did:

I formatted my resume based on the format a school I had applied to required, listed below. It worked for other schools I applied to, so I kept the same format. I also added an Objective at the top, because I felt it helped highlight my "why." 

CV / Resume Guide

CV /Resume Guidelines and Requirements:

A.  All information should reflect accurate data as of the date submitted. Do no list information or events that are planned, will take place after submission of the CV, or those that occurred prior to high school graduation.

B.  All information should be listed in chronological order with the most recent events listed first.

C.  The following component categories should be included in the CV in the order listed:

1. Education
    • List all institutions attended.
  2. Employment History
    • Specify healthcare experience when applicable.
  3. Healthcare Shadowing Experience
    • Only include shadowing that has taken place with a PA, MD and/or DO provider.
    • Include the amount of time spent shadowing each provider.
  4. Volunteer Experience
    • Include the amount of time spent volunteering for each organization.
    • Include a brief synopsis of the type of participation.
  5. Extra-curricular Experience
    • To include organizations, sports, pre-professional clubs and other extra-curricular participation to date.
    D.   Do not include any event or experience in more than one component category. Each experience must be placed in only the component category most applicable. 
    E.  Each applicant’s adherence to this guide will be used as a component in the applicant decision process.

Edited by CLBluebonnet
typo

2 minutes ago, Aroohoo said:

Oh mercy... I don't know if my sanity will make it that long. My husband is already complaining about my neurotic cleaning... I need a new stress hobby, and shopping is not an option... Maybe baking? I like baking. I foresee cheesecake in my husband's near future 🙂

Try your hand at sourdough! It....will take all your time lolol Good luck!

• Like 1

Guest mands
57 minutes ago, Aroohoo said:

I don't know either! I'm going crazy too and this is day 1 of being under review! I'll be honest, it seem like they come out with "big" news like twice a week (just from what i've seen) so MAYBE we might get caught in the next wave of interview invites before the 3-4 week! 

Oh lala, I made a cheesecake with my grandma just last week. If you do it, try adding some amaretto into the cake part and some kahlua into the crust part! So delish!  

3 hours ago, Abhowe89 said:

PA mock interview is 50% until tomorrow with code: JUNE2020 fyi on the PA platform website

I tried this and couldn't get it to work. ☹️ The code: PREPACLUB works for 15% off a mock interview though. 

Edit: I figured out it's 50% off the interview course through the PA platform with that code! 

Edited by olipajoli
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, CLBluebonnet said:

🙂 It's ok! Most other forums share stats, but it's really easy to get down on yourself or feel like you're not "good" enough. Yale Online is a pretty unique group and it's about your journey and what you've done. As long as you meet the requirements, you get a look! I'm also an admitted student and this is what I did:

I formatted my resume based on the format a school I had applied to required, listed below. It worked for other schools I applied to, so I kept the same format. I also added an Objective at the top, because I felt it helped highlight my "why." 

CV / Resume Guide

CV /Resume Guidelines and Requirements:

A.  All information should reflect accurate data as of the date submitted. Do no list information or events that are planned, will take place after submission of the CV, or those that occurred prior to high school graduation.

B.  All information should be listed in chronological order with the most recent events listed first.

C.  The following component categories should be included in the CV in the order listed:

1. Education
    • List all institutions attended.
  2. Employment History
    • Specify healthcare experience when applicable.
  3. Healthcare Shadowing Experience
    • Only include shadowing that has taken place with a PA, MD and/or DO provider.
    • Include the amount of time spent shadowing each provider.
  4. Volunteer Experience
    • Include the amount of time spent volunteering for each organization.
    • Include a brief synopsis of the type of participation.
  5. Extra-curricular Experience
    • To include organizations, sports, pre-professional clubs and other extra-curricular participation to date.
    D.   Do not include any event or experience in more than one component category. Each experience must be placed in only the component category most applicable. 
    E.  Each applicant’s adherence to this guide will be used as a component in the applicant decision process.

Thank you for the information. I do have done my CV with those parameters, so I think I am heading in the right direction. Now I am just waiting on CASPA to finish processing my transcripts, and take the CASPer test. Do you have any advise besides what they say on the website? 

Thanks.

15 hours ago, Krystalized said:

Hi. I have been admitted and although this is an open forum where anyone can post anything they want as a whole we haven’t really posted stats so we could focus more on each other as people and as future providers. It’s been wonderful to see everyone and their aspirations without tainting the pool with stats that simply cause us to compare each other and fall into the spiraling vortex of self debt. Anyway! I’m glad to see you found the forum! 
As far as the resume any format will work. I picked something that I think showed my personality a bit lol. I’m not a bullet point kinda girl 😉

Thanks for your advise. I have been trying to keep things that show my personality as well, but I still want to keep it very professional. After all it is YALE... it is a bit intimidating 😐

• Like 1

Guest mands

I screamed because I got an email, only to open it and say "thank you for your app - you are verified, if given an interview you'll have 70 hours to respond". AH W H Y!! 

3 minutes ago, mands said:

I screamed because I got an email, only to open it and say "thank you for your app - you are verified, if given an interview you'll have 70 hours to respond". AH W H Y!! 

I never got that email !

And my heart dropped when I saw that you made a post because all I saw was "I screamed because I got an email" and then I blanked out until I saw the word "interview" hahaha Freaked me out ! 

Guest mands
3 hours ago, ScullyAMA said:

I never got that email !

And my heart dropped when I saw that you made a post because all I saw was "I screamed because I got an email" and then I blanked out until I saw the word "interview" hahaha Freaked me out ! 

Omg! you should message your counselor and try to see what is going on??? you had more of the stuff in before I did! hahahah i'm so sorry i'd literally punch me if someone panicked me like that at a time like this (just kidding, i'm only saying that because it's me)

12 minutes ago, mands said:

Omg! you should message your counselor and try to see what is going on??? you had more of the stuff in before I did! hahahah i'm so sorry i'd literally punch me if someone panicked me like that at a time like this (just kidding, i'm only saying that because it's me)

Hahah!! Okay yeah I think I will! I dont wanna punch you 😄