2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

4 hours ago, PAFarhat2B said:

Good Luck to everyone applying this cycle.

I have a question, how long typically did it take CASPA to review an application that was previously started. I started my application pretty early and so there was no need to create a new application this cycle. 

Thanks in advance 😀

I think it took maybe a few hours, if that, when I transferred my application over this morning 

11 hours ago, Joemonkey said:

Is the COVID essay for only the Yale PA program or what?

I don’t think so. I’m wondering how extensive this should be though? I guess only if it applies to you 

5 hours ago, emilymuff said:

@Tann94 is correct. COVID essay is a CASPA thing and is optional 

How lengthy is everyone’s supplemental essays? I want to get straight to the point but also not drag it out. Hmm

17 hours ago, Tann94 said:

I don’t think so. I’m wondering how extensive this should be though? I guess only if it applies to you 

How lengthy is everyone’s supplemental essays? I want to get straight to the point but also not drag it out. Hmm

I am almost done with mine, and it is not going to be the full limit. I'm with you, I do not want to drag it out.

9 hours ago, Abhowe89 said:

So I take the CASper exam on 5/20. Just received an email from YALE online Pa stating they received my application and are reviewing to ensure I have everything. Anyone else submitted an application yet?

Whoohoo! Congrats on submitting. I am going to submit this week; I take CASPer tomorrow. I am really just waiting on my letter writers to submit. 

On 5/5/2020 at 8:39 PM, Abhowe89 said:

So I take the CASper exam on 5/20. Just received an email from YALE online Pa stating they received my application and are reviewing to ensure I have everything. Anyone else submitted an application yet?

Congratulations. My status on CASPA says that YALE online has received my application, was your application verified when they sent you the email??

Completed the CASPer test today and I felt the prompts were straight forward. I answered them all to the best of my abilities, but I am curious to how this test is scored since they only allow 5 minutes to write about 3 questions. Completed all three supplemental app questions on CASPA.. still waiting on two LOR before I can officially submit 😬

Edited by LadyPa2Be

Has anyone else been second guessing their decision to apply to this school since they have started online courses? I think taking an upper level biology turned online due to COVID and not being able to ask questions “in person” and having to awkwardly interrupt the teacher followed by miscommunication and then annoyance from other students has showed me how my learning would be hindered in learning only online. There are complex systems in pathophysiology that I have questions I want to ask but can’t see to articulate through video as I could in person. Anyone else feel this way?

1 hour ago, Njohnson92 said:

Has anyone else been second guessing their decision to apply to this school since they have started online courses? I think taking an upper level biology turned online due to COVID and not being able to ask questions “in person” and having to awkwardly interrupt the teacher followed by miscommunication and then annoyance from other students has showed me how my learning would be hindered in learning only online. There are complex systems in pathophysiology that I have questions I want to ask but can’t see to articulate through video as I could in person. Anyone else feel this way?

I'm sure that's a pretty common feeling among those who learn best by in-person teaching. Everyone learns differently, so it's understandable if you've discovered what does and doesn't work for you during this pandemic with classes being online now! However, there are resources you can turn to during the program as far as I know, including virtual support from both professors and your classmates. The structure of the program is definitely geared more towards those who excel through self-paced, online learning, though. 

I took the CASPer test yesterday too. I also thought that the questions were pretty straight forward, more so than some of those on the practice test. 

I just need to mail off the payment to Yale and wait for my LORs to submit. 

Congrats to all of you who are submitting too!!!

• Like 1

Casper was straightforward, I agree with everyone. So weird that we won't ever receive our score, though! I am super jealous that you all get to submit, I still have to wait another month for Spring term to end and to send updated transcripts, etc. That being said, with everything that is going on, I have also found myself being a lot more patient, and, if I don't get in this cycle, I will just better myself for next year! Hard for me to get to that kind of thinking because I am HUGE on planning, but I'm putting less pressure on myself and a timeline to actually get into PA school. 

Good luck all! Looking forward to getting to follow your journeys on this forum over the next several months! Just think.... some of the people in here will be accepted to this program in just a few months!! Crazy!

• Like 2