2020-2021 Application cycle!

3 hours ago, Fernanda said:

hey guys! 

In the documents section in CASPA, for resume/CV, what are you including?? cover letter, resume and references or??? 

Good luck to everyone!

Hey, I’m personally just including exactly what they asked for, which is the resume/CV (one page). If you google “resumes for PA school” or something to that effect, you’ll find some examples of what that would look like! Good luck to you also! 

Guest wildalaska
1 hour ago, Fernanda said:

I have another question if anybody can help. I am doing the supplemental application and it says that transcripts need to be sent directly to UF admissions. Does this mean that they want new ones plus the ones from CASPA ?. So double transcripts ? 

I don't remember seeing this at all. I didn't send my transcripts directly to UF, only to CASPA. It might say if you're accepted, you need to send them directly to UF. Or some other situation. But let us know!

15 hours ago, jenifa said:

Just started my supplemental application, on the instructions it says to select the "Physician Assistant" program, but the closest I can find is "Masters of Medical Sciences" is this the correct one?

There should be an option to select "Physician Assistant" and term "Summer B 2021." Which link did you use to access the supplemental application? It should be this one: https://www.applyweb.com/uflprof/index.ftl 

Good luck! 

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2020 at 5:16 PM, Cattleya said:

On the supplemental application, what does "Indicate Your Undergraduate Specialization" mean? 

"A specialization is a focused area of study of attached to a specific major, with specific coursework beyond major requirements. A specialization is a focused area of study attached to a specific major, and is in addition to course requirements for the major." Based what I believe it means

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wildalaska
4 minutes ago, singerdancer said:

hey everyone! how soon after you applied did you receive a confirmation email? 

I sent my verified CASPA app to UF on May 11th, and I received an email on May 19th stating that they had received my application and forwarded it to the admissions committee for review. My GRE had already been sent, and I took the CASPer on May 7th. I haven't heard anything since, but looking at last year's cycle forum, it looks like they start contacting applications in late summer!

Edited by wildalaska

Guest wildalaska

Just got an email from UF stating my application completed the initial review, and it has been forwarded for "second level evaluation" by the Adcom! Fingers crossed for an interview!

On 6/11/2020 at 2:09 PM, wildalaska said:

Just got an email from UF stating my application completed the initial review, and it has been forwarded for "second level evaluation" by the Adcom! Fingers crossed for an interview!

That’s great! Are all of your evals complete? I got my “received” email on Monday. CASPA verified 6/2. I am waiting for one of five evals. 

Guest wildalaska
6 minutes ago, LianaJawad said:

That’s great! Are all of your evals complete? I got my “received” email on Monday. CASPA verified 6/2. I am waiting for one of five evals. 

Yes! I had all my letters submitted within hours of me sending the requests, I am very thankful for my letter writers lol but I only have 3!

2 minutes ago, wildalaska said:

Yes! I had all my letters submitted within hours of me sending the requests, I am very thankful for my letter writers lol but I only have 3!

That’s great. 
I am very fortunate to work in the operating room with some Gator alumni/ former UF attendings so I took all I could get. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

On 6/11/2020 at 2:09 PM, wildalaska said:

Congrats! How long does it take them to get CASPer results, do you know? I can't take it until July 7th and I don't want it to negatively affect my chances of getting in...I know their priority deadline is August 1st though so hopefully that will still be ok

Guest wildalaska
10 minutes ago, alwayssearching2012 said:

Congrats! How long does it take them to get CASPer results, do you know? I can't take it until July 7th and I don't want it to negatively affect my chances of getting in...I know their priority deadline is August 1st though so hopefully that will still be ok

I took the CASPer on May 7th, and they said it would take 3 weeks for the results to be sent to programs, but my CASPer profile said "Scores delivered" when I checked after 2 weeks - I have no idea when they were actually sent, and CASPer doesn't tell you and I never received confirmation from any of the programs that they specifically received my scores, just that my apps were complete or being reviewed.

On 5/26/2020 at 8:22 PM, MFVC8 said:

I have another question if anybody can help. I am doing the supplemental application and it says that transcripts need to be sent directly to UF admissions. Does this mean that they want new ones plus the ones from CASPA ?. So double transcripts ? 

I would assume that they want a copy for their own records in addition to what you did for CASPA, but you could always email someone from admissions for clarification. It never hurts to double-check!

On 6/11/2020 at 11:09 AM, wildalaska said:

I also got this email, but on 6/16/2020. I am not sure what "second level evaluation" means, but I will definitely take it 🙂 Keeping everyone in my prayers and sending out good vibes to all those applying!! Goodluck everyone!

Edited by driboh
asdf
  • Like 1

Just wanted to post my dates for anyone applying this cycle 

Submitted CASPA 6/2/20 with doing the professional transcript entry

Professional transcript entry done 6/15/20

and submitted back to CASPA after reviewing my transcripts same day 6/15/20.

Got verified 6/19/20

UF received my app 6/22/20

Good Luck everyone!

Edited by Johnny13

3 hours ago, driboh said:

I also got this email, but on 6/16/2020. I am not sure what "second level evaluation" means, but I will definitely take it 🙂 Keeping everyone in my prayers and sending out good vibes to all those applying!! Goodluck everyone!

When did you get your “received” email?