2020-2021 Application cycle!

1 minute ago, Christian97 said:

I applied July 29 and received an email stating my applications were received about a week later. The rule of thumb I’ve heard is to contact the programs if you don’t hear back from them after a month or so unless your application is being reviewed. Sending updates is a good way to reach out the them!

Well I received an email that my application was received. But I did not receive an email saying I've been moved onto the "secondary review" or whatever. And I definitely haven't gotten a rejection OR interview. So it's like I'm dead in the water right now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KaiteKakes said:

Well I received an email that my application was received. But I did not receive an email saying I've been moved onto the "secondary review" or whatever. And I definitely haven't gotten a rejection OR interview. So it's like I'm dead in the water right now. 

Waiting to hear back from the programs is stressful. It’s a long mental game to deal with. In most cases, programs will mention your status if you send them an update email. 

I submitted August 4th and verified August 6th. I got an email stating they received my application and that it was under review on August 12th. I know I submitted late and I just wanted to hear what you guys think my chances are of getting an interview. I know submitting late reduces my chances. I kept holding out for a test date at an actual testing center for the GRE because I didn't like the idea of taking it at home. Turns out I had to just break down and take it at home. I know the odds are probably against me, but I just really really want to get into PA school! This is my first year applying.

Degree: Exercise Physiology at FSU (Current: last semester- have to take biochem ugh)

Prerequisites: 4.0- Some were taken at a community college that I attended for 2 years to get my A.A

CASPA GPA: 3.96 ( I have only ever had one B in my whole life and it was in dual enrollment! I will never forgive myself!)

Science GPA: 4.0

GRE: 302 (152 verbal 150 quant 4.5 writing)

PCE: ~2,759 hours (1,904 chiropractic assistant, 855 PCA at hospital cardiovascular lab)

Volunteer: 77 hours

LOR: 2 professors, 1 PA, 1 RN

Received a call today with an interview invite for Oct 12/13th! Application submitted May 12th. Stats are below for anyone interested:

Out-of-state applicant

cGPA: 3.89

sGPA: 3.98

GRE: Q159, V154, writing 4.0

HCE: 3500 in medical accounting 

PCE: 5500 in x-ray and interventional radiology

Volunteer: 100

Shadowing: 20

LOR: 1 PA, 1 MD, 1 manager, 1 program director

Good luck to everyone! And a reminder not to get too worried about dates. I submitted my application weeks before others who received invites before me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJolley said:

Received a call today with an interview invite for Oct 12/13th! Application submitted May 12th. Stats are below for anyone interested:

Out-of-state applicant

Good luck to everyone! And a reminder not to get too worried about dates. I submitted my application weeks before others who received invites before me. 

Did you get a secondary review email?

1 hour ago, AJolley said:

Out-of-state applicant

Ahhh I’m an X-ray tech too patiently waiting!! Congratulations! Best of luck to you! 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 10:17 AM, Johnny0513 said:

Nice! Mind sharing your stats?

In State applicant with B.S. and M.S. in Biomedical Sciences

c undergradGPA: 3.18

c graduateGPA: 4.0

sGPA: 3.01

GRE: Q157, V150, writing 4.0

HCE: 2500 as a medical scribe 

Leadership experience: 1000 as Chief Scribe

PCE: 1200 as MA for Podiatric medicine

Volunteer: 600

Shadowing: 580

LOR: 2 PA, 1 MD, 1 manager, 1 DPM

Goodluck to everyone who has an interview!! My stats are extremely average (below average in science, but my M.S. degree improved that), but it is always good to keep your head up and be resilient!

2 minutes ago, vintagevanessa said:

Had my interview today and it was a really great experience. The faculty and staff were so nice and the interviewers were very conversational (as opposed to feeling like you’re being interrogated). I felt like they really just wanted to know me. Hopefully going to hear back from them soon!

I can second this as I had my interview yesterday! Seriously, such a great experience. 

• Like 1

Guest wildalaska
1 hour ago, vintagevanessa said:

Had my interview today and it was a really great experience. The faculty and staff were so nice and the interviewers were very conversational (as opposed to feeling like you’re being interrogated). I felt like they really just wanted to know me. Hopefully going to hear back from them soon!

1 hour ago, moldyflower7 said:

I can second this as I had my interview yesterday! Seriously, such a great experience. 

This is great! UF is my top choice, and I'm interviewing in a week and a half! Feeling a little more relaxed hearing this. Best of luck to the both of you, I hope you hear back soon!

11 hours ago, vintagevanessa said:

Congratulations! How was the orientation day? Good luck to you!

9 hours ago, LianaJawad said:

Congratulations! How was the orientation day? Good luck to you!

The orientation day was very informative. The whole day is geared to learning about the program. They give you a tour, talk about the curriculum, financial aid, etc. There’s also a q&a session with current and former students. There’s one group discussion and writing activity, but nothing to stress about! 

• Like 2

It took me a while to say this; I'm still taking it in. I got accepted today!! It is a dream come true. I got the call this afternoon. Interviewed 9/2. You guys, this school is unmatched. I just wanted to update you all. I wish everyone the best. If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm rooting for you all.

Edited by janemoe
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, janemoe said:

It took me a while to say this; I'm still taking it in. I got accepted today!! It is a dream come true. I got the call this afternoon. Interviewed 9/3. You guys, this school is unmatched. I just wanted to update you all. I wish everyone the best. If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm rooting for you all.

Wow interviewed and accepted same day!?! huge Congrats!