2020-2021 Application cycle!

Hey everybody! Just got a rejection email. This school was a long shot for me so I'm not too upset. Good luck to everyone else this cycle!

Timeline: 

CASPA verified 5/8

UF application received: 5/19

Second level evaluation: 5/29

Rejection: 6/26

Stats:

Out of state

GPA: 3.82

sGPA: 3.61 (one outstanding prerequisite to be completed by August)

GRE: 320 (154 quant, 161 verbal, 5.0 writing)

PCE: ~2,000 all as a CNA, in a long term care facility and in the health center of a summer camp

Volunteer: ~500, most on a healthy aging research project, some in a program swimming with children with disabilities, the rest all miscellaneous service projects

Shadowing: ~50 (All PAs, in a children's hospital, pediatric clinic, family medicine clinic, emergency room)

Letters of rec: MD, 2 RNs, professor

Edited by Sgf1220

5 minutes ago, Sgf1220 said:

Hey everybody! Just got a rejection email. This school was a long shot for me so I'm not too upset. Good luck to everyone else this cycle!

Timeline: 

CASPA verified 5/8

Stats:

Out of state

PCE: ~2,000 all as a CNA, in a long term care facility and in the health center of a summer camp

I'm sorry to hear this and wish you good luck with other programs!

Was the rejection through email?

Just now, ChefKibbles said:

I'm sorry to hear this and wish you good luck with other programs!

Was the rejection through email?

Thank you! And yes, they sent an email with the subject "UF School of Physician Assistant Studies: Application Decision". The email says that I can request information about why my application was rejected, which I will do if my interviews over the next few months do not work out. Good luck!

• Like 1

Guest wildalaska
1 hour ago, Sgf1220 said:

Timeline: 

CASPA verified 5/8

Stats:

Out of state

Volunteer: ~500, most on a healthy aging research project, some in a program swimming with children with disabilities, the rest all miscellaneous service projects

Shadowing: ~50 (All PAs, in a children's hospital, pediatric clinic, family medicine clinic, emergency room)

Wow, you don't sound like a long-shot applicant based on these stats. Best of luck in your other applications and interviews!

On 6/26/2020 at 11:22 AM, Sgf1220 said:

Timeline: 

CASPA verified 5/8

Stats:

Out of state

You have great stats overall. I am not sure why you would be rejected to early in the cycle. Do you mind sharing the feedback you received? 

Best of luck. You only need one yes. You got this.

Edited by 1stgenPA

15 minutes ago, 1stgenPA said:

You have great stats overall. I am not sure why you would be rejected to early in the cycle. Do you mind sharing the feedback you received? 

Best of luck. You only need one yes. You got this.

Thank you! I guess I meant that it just might not have been the best fit, and they might have found that through my essays. I will share the feedback!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They received my application and forwarded it to the admission committee for review on 5/26. I took the CASPer test in early June so had those results sent over too which is probably why I haven't heard back since. Just waiting to see what they will say afterwards. That was probably the only thing holding it up from being checked out by the "higher admissions"

4 hours ago, ssflgrl said:

I'm sorry to hear that but I'm sure you'll have luck for another school!! I was wondering when you submitted and how long after confirming they've received your application did they send the rejection email? Thanks in advance and good luck 🙂 

I submitted 6/16 verified 6/22 and received rejection 7/8 

16 hours ago, LianaJawad said:

Going a little stir crazy... my UF “received” email came on 6/8 and nothing since. I've been waiting for the ”second level” email. The anticipation is killing me! 

Good luck to all!

I thought I was the only one. I received the first email from them on 5-26. Just try to keep this in mind: no news is good news.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KaiteKakes said:

So no one has gotten an interview from them yet? Just rejections so far? 

so far from the looks of it. On their site they said this ⬇️
“Interviews begin in late August and continue through December or possibly January. On occasion, interviews may continue during December, depending on the number of outstanding applications received.”

4 minutes ago, Johnny0513 said:

so far from the looks of it. On their site they said this ⬇️
“Interviews begin in late August and continue through December or possibly January. On occasion, interviews may continue during December, depending on the number of outstanding applications received.”

Thank you! I need to pay more attention to this stuff. Haha. 

• Like 1

Hey y'all!

Just wanted to post that I received an email today around 8am MST, saying they are interested in offering me an interview contingent upon a review of my Statistics class syllabus. The end of the email said:

"Please provide this requested information to the Admissions Committee at your earliest convenience. We cannot offer you an interview until your coursework is verified."

I am hoping this means good things! I am so excited to hear back! 

Edited by moldyflower7
  • Like 2

Just offered an interview over the phone from Ms. Kays!! 

Interview date: 9/2

Residency: In state

CASPA verified: 5/18

UF received app: 5/26

Secondary review: 6/25

cGPA 3.55, sGPA 3.43, GRE 310 (155 quant 155 verbal 5 writing)

PCE hours at time of submission: 5000 (Scribe- 3300, CNA- 1500, Volunteer clinic- 200)

2 years research experience

Volunteer: ~400 hours

Shadow: ~200 hours 3 different PA specialties

LOR: 2 PA's, 2 RN's

Method of interview: Zoom

Edited by janemoe
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1