2020-2021 Application cycle!

Guest wildalaska
4 minutes ago, jenifa said:

Does anyone know if they are going to have more than one interview time frame? Like other than the 9/14 and 9/15? (Aka should I give up hope if I don’t hear back by then)

According to their website, they interview in multiple sessions from "Late August through December or possibly January". Looking at last cycle's thread, it looks like they interviewed through late November/early December.

Don't give up!

20 hours ago, nmb08 said:

when did you submit your application? 

would you mind sharing your stats?

also congrats!!!

I submitted my CASPA 6/10! Here are my stats.

cGPA: 3.81

sGPA: 3.80

Last 60 credits: 4.0 

GRE: 308, 4.5 writing 

PCE: 4,000+ (rehab aide, exercise physiologist, and ED scribe)

Volunteering: 1,500 across many different organizations 

LOR: 1 PT/clinical director, 1 OT, professor, and 1 PA

Edited by jordanstudent2323

2 hours ago, KaiteKakes said:

Is it too early for me to reach out yet? I submitted June 4th and have heard nothing yet... Can I ask about my status, or should I just be patient? 

I submitted 5/28 and haven’t heard anything so I emailed last week and this is what they said...

Thank you for your email and your application to the University of Florida School of Physician Assistant Studies!

Our Admissions Committee is diligently reviewing the volumes of applications we’ve received thus far. We will contact you through CASPA with an email as your application moves through the admissions process or if we require any additional documentation. Thank you for your patience.

Should you have additional questions, please feel free to email us and we will be happy to assist you.“

14 minutes ago, Mikkkk said:

I submitted 5/28 and haven’t heard anything so I emailed last week and this is what they said...

Thank you for your email and your application to the University of Florida School of Physician Assistant Studies!

Our Admissions Committee is diligently reviewing the volumes of applications we’ve received thus far. We will contact you through CASPA with an email as your application moves through the admissions process or if we require any additional documentation. Thank you for your patience.

Should you have additional questions, please feel free to email us and we will be happy to assist you.“

Very helpful. Thank you! 

I received an interview yesterday! This forum has been very helpful for me so I wanted to share my stats. 

Submitted 6/23 and verified 7/1

I received the secondary review email on 8/5, and an email on 8/10 saying they were interested in offering me an interview contingent on me sending them the syllabus from a couple of my courses. 

GPA: 3.79

SGPA: 3.77

GRE: 315

PCE: 806 (EMT) 

HCE: 336 

Volunteer: 764

Shadowing: 15

LOR: Professor, Volunteer Coordinator, PA, and Healthcare Administrator

Hope this was helpful and feel free to reach out with any questions. From the phone call I received it did sound like there were going to be other interview dates aside from the ones in September. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 3

I received an interview yesterday! This forum has been very helpful for me so I wanted to share my stats. 
Submitted 6/23 and verified 7/1
I received the secondary review email on 8/5, and an email on 8/10 saying they were interested in offering me an interview contingent on me sending them the syllabus from a couple of my courses. 
GPA: 3.79
SGPA: 3.77
GRE: 315
PCE: 806 (EMT) 
HCE: 336 
Volunteer: 764
Shadowing: 15
LOR: Professor, Volunteer Coordinator, PA, and Healthcare Administrator
Hope this was helpful and feel free to reach out with any questions. From the phone call I received it did sound like there were going to be other interview dates aside from the ones in September. Good luck to everyone!

When did you submit on caspa & get your initial review email and then your second review email ?
Thanks

I’m so nervous!
I submitted to caspa 6/14
Initial review 6/29

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, StaciC said:

Hi everyone! Applied to UF from Massachusetts, wondering if anyone knows how they feel about out of state applicants? Do they prefer Florida residents? 

I’m applying from Colorado and am from Virginia. I received an interview for Oct if that helps any!

Guest wildalaska
7 hours ago, StaciC said:

Hi everyone! Applied to UF from Massachusetts, wondering if anyone knows how they feel about out of state applicants? Do they prefer Florida residents? 

10 minutes ago, Jdw21 said:

I’m applying from Colorado and am from Virginia. I received an interview for Oct if that helps any!

I am also applying from Colorado, and I have an interview for September. I have only been to Florida once!

Also, according the the UF program website, they have accepted anywhere from 9-19 out of state students for a class of 60 students for the last five years of data that they have published.

1 minute ago, wildalaska said:

I am also applying from Colorado, and I have an interview for September. I have only been to Florida once!

Also, according the the UF program website, they have accepted anywhere from 9-19 out of state students for a class of 60 students for the last five years of data that they have published.

Thank you both, that is helpful! Do you mind sharing stats?

Just now, KaiteKakes said:

It's been 2.5 months for me and still nothing. Is anyone else in this situation? Probably too early to reach out and ask, right? 

I applied July 29 and received an email stating my applications were received about a week later. The rule of thumb I’ve heard is to contact the programs if you don’t hear back from them after a month or so unless your application is being reviewed. Sending updates is a good way to reach out the them!