2020-2021 Application cycle!

Guest wildalaska
1 minute ago, janemoe said:

Just offered an interview over the phone from Ms. Kays!! 

Interview offer: 7/15

Residency: In state

CASPA verified: 5/18

UF received app email: 5/26

Received secondary review email: 6/25

cGPA 3.55, sGPA 3.43, GRE 310 writing 5

Method of interview: Zoom

Congratulations! What date did they offer you an interview for? Just curious on how much time in-between the offer and the interview.

2 minutes ago, wildalaska said:

Congratulations! What date did they offer you an interview for? Just curious on how much time in-between the offer and the interview.

I edited my post, sorry. There is an orientation August 31st. Was told interviews occur over a 2 day period- you randomly get Sept 1st or 2nd for the official interview. I got the 2nd. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, janemoe said:

Interview date: 9/2

UF received app email: 5/26

Received secondary review email: 6/25

cGPA 3.55, sGPA 3.43, GRE 310 writing 5

Congrats on your interview invite!! 🙂 How many PCE hours did you have when you applied?

2 hours ago, Mikkkk said:

Congrats on your interview invite!! 🙂 How many PCE hours did you have when you applied?

Sorry, forgot to include in my original post. I was in shock from the call that I missed details. 5000 total!  I gave a breakdown of them in my original post.

Edited by janemoe
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 4:10 PM, lololo said:

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats? GPA, hours, etc. 

Sure, undergrad GPA 3.66

Science GPA 3.75

Over 12K hours PCE and 18K HCE (Certified Surgical Technologist and MA.  HCE= various roles in doctors office)

GRE 308/4 Writing 

Edited by LianaJawad

Guest wildalaska

I got an email stating my application was received on May 19th, then got an email about second level review on June 11th, and nothing since!

On 7/15/2020 at 4:41 PM, janemoe said:

Interview date: 9/2

UF received app: 5/26

Secondary review: 6/25

cGPA 3.55, sGPA 3.43, GRE 310 (155 quant 155 verbal 5 writing)

PCE hours at time of submission: 5000 (Scribe- 3300, CNA- 1500, Volunteer clinic- 200)

2 years research experience

Volunteer: ~400 hours

Shadow: ~200 hours 3 different PA specialties

LOR: 2 PA's, 2 RN's

Congrats and good luck! Did you receive a call with the Gainesville area code? Just wondering bc I ignore a lot of calls whose numbers I don’t recognize 

I interviewed at UF last year and know a handful of students who just started and a few rising second years. I would not stress if you have not received a secondary review email. Last year, some people received these early, some people received them 2-3 months after submitting and then received an interview days later, and some people did not receive them at all and still received an interview. I know this was a similar trend in the year before. I’m not entirely sure why or who gets secondary review emails, but it seems random/inconsistent with interview offers. It is still very early in the process 🙂 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

On 7/15/2020 at 10:28 AM, moldyflower7 said:

Hey y'all!

Just wanted to post that I received an email today around 8am MST, saying they are interested in offering me an interview contingent upon a review of my Statistics class syllabus. The end of the email said:

"Please provide this requested information to the Admissions Committee at your earliest convenience. We cannot offer you an interview until your coursework is verified."

I am hoping this means good things! I am so excited to hear back! 

Did you get an email officially notifying you of secondary review before you received the interview offer?

14 hours ago, tameimpala said:

Congrats and good luck! Did you receive a call with the Gainesville area code? Just wondering bc I ignore a lot of calls whose numbers I don’t recognize 

Yep it was a 352 number and I got the call at 4pm.  I do the same thing with spam calls.  Funny story I actually wasn't receiving any calls on my phone for weeks and didn't know it.  I went to verizon freaking out and they fixed it.  The next day I got the call.  yeesh.

Just got a call from Karen! I am interviewing on Aug. 31st and Sept. 1st! Here are my stats for anyone interested:

Gpa overall = 3.20

Gpa science = 3.17

PCE = 5250 (MA, Phlebotomist, PT Aide)

Shadowing = 110 hours (4 different PAs)

Volunteer = 570 (Cub Scouts, Religious Mission Trip)

GRE = 307 (Verbal: 159, Quant: 148, Writing 4.5)

Submitted 5/12, Verified 5/15

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Guest wildalaska

Got an email from Ms. Kays this morning that my application was being reviewed, and the committee was requesting information on any additional volunteer hours I've gained since applying... ugh, UF has quickly become one of my top choice programs, fingers crossed for an interview!

10 minutes ago, wildalaska said:

Got an email from Ms. Kays this morning that my application was being reviewed, and the committee was requesting information on any additional volunteer hours I've gained since applying... ugh, UF has quickly become one of my top choice programs, fingers crossed for an interview!

May I ask when you applied to UF?

Guest wildalaska
Just now, ekc5755 said:

May I ask when you applied to UF?

My supplemental application was sent in on May 1st, and my CASPA was verified May 11th! I got an application received email on May 19th, a second level review email on June 11th, and then nothing until the additional information request this morning!

On 7/16/2020 at 11:41 PM, PAdude27 said:

I interviewed at UF last year and know a handful of students who just started and a few rising second years. I would not stress if you have not received a secondary review email. Last year, some people received these early, some people received them 2-3 months after submitting and then received an interview days later, and some people did not receive them at all and still received an interview. I know this was a similar trend in the year before. I’m not entirely sure why or who gets secondary review emails, but it seems random/inconsistent with interview offers. It is still very early in the process 🙂 

thank you for posting this! makes us feel a lot better. 🙂

• Like 1