2019-2020 Application Cycle

13 hours ago, admatos said:

Assuming that if I still have not received a request for a supplemental application this late in the game means that I was rejected? I applied via CASPA on 9/6.

I wouldn’t say it’s late in the game, the only concern, specifically for you, is that you submitted after the deadline (Which for Cornell was 9/1). 😞

2 hours ago, cat1997 said:

Does anyone know what the name of the Facebook group is for the class of 2022? I’m just trying to get a head start in finding roommates and a place to live! 

Hi, congrats! The class before mine made the group and invited us via email, so I assume we are doing the same for your class. NYC real estate is fast turnover, so I would not worry about finding a place until January/early February (if your start date is late February/early March). Most realtors/landlords won’t take tenants too far in advance as they want to rent out ASAP.

Edited by icjerseyveeb324

24 minutes ago, Christian27 said:

Hello! Has anyone received any additional information from Cornell after being accepted/letter of intent? Thanks!

I emailed them about this last week! They replied saying "the admissions packets/housing information/health insurance and financial aid information will be sent via email in the coming weeks."  

Kind of vague, but at least we didn't miss any deadlines!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sjboyce95 said:

I emailed them about this last week! They replied saying "the admissions packets/housing information/health insurance and financial aid information will be sent via email in the coming weeks."  

Kind of vague, but at least we didn't miss any deadlines!

Haha perfect then. Thank you for the update! 

3 minutes ago, CharlotteF said:

I was accepted 10/9 after interviewing 9/22, but does anyone know what the plastic thing (that they gave us at the interview) is for? I'm so curious!!

I think it's a little stand to prop up the iPad thing that you get when you start at their program! I also had no idea what it was until someone at my interview figured it out!

Just got the call today. Interviewed 10/17 or 18th, something like that. Got the supplemental email september 24th, hand delivered it to them the 25th, got an invite september 27th or 28th. My cGPA is 3.73, sGPA is 3.7, gre combined was 315 and a 5 on writing, about 2500 hrs PCE at time of application (currently 3000+), worked as a ER research assistant, physical therapy aide, and medical assistant. Also volunteered at cornell’s ER. In absolute disbelief...

Edited by Rafael

On 9/18/2019 at 2:41 PM, mvatican said:

Go to the Q&A the night before!! Helps ease your nerves a lot. 

They make you write an essay on site as well, so be prepared for that, but it’s so chill. Two one-on-ones and a group interview. Then a tour including a subway ride and walk uptown to the hospital.

just be yourself!

When did they tell you about the Q&A? I have an interview next Thursday and the e-mail sent with the interview invite did not say anything about the Q&A. 

Thank you for your help!

On 11/1/2019 at 4:06 PM, papaya said:

Hi all,

I know I am very late in the game but I just submitted my secondary app for oct 31st and was wondering how soon after people received interviews. Thanks in advance!

They received my secondary on 10/24 and I got an invite within the next couple of days for an interview on 11/14!

• Like 1