2019-2020 Application Cycle

Hi everyone, has anyone who already completed the secondary application submitted it via FedEx or UPS?

It says on the app "Upon completion, please return completed secondary application to the Program office via U.S. Mail." Does "US Mail" specifically mean USPS?

Edited by meyeke

2 hours ago, stang57 said:

I submitted CASPA 6/21, got a supplemental **11/13**, and mailed it on 11/15. Haven't heard back since. I really thought Cornell was a lost cause for me since I didn't hear back for so long... but looks like they still have a handful of spots to fill! We'll see what happens...

I would call them to make sure they received the supplemental. I've heard of them getting lost in the mail before. Did you get a tracking number when you mailed it?

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 4:06 PM, sjboyce95 said:

I think it's a little stand to prop up the iPad thing that you get when you start at their program! I also had no idea what it was until someone at my interview figured it out!

Lol no clue — but you should get a case with a Bluetooth keyboard on it which acts as a stand... so... who knows... haha

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stang57 said:

I submitted CASPA 6/21, got a supplemental **11/13**, and mailed it on 11/15. Haven't heard back since. I really thought Cornell was a lost cause for me since I didn't hear back for so long... but looks like they still have a handful of spots to fill! We'll see what happens...

Hey so a lot of students in the 2021 class had issues with this as well. As long as the post date on the package is before your deadline, you’re okay. — mine took forever, it was stuck at some facility for over a week. But, they finally got it and were very understanding. 

It would not hurt to call and ask if they have received it. They are used to that and would be happy to help you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cat1997 said:

Does anyone know when the Facebook page for the class of 2022 will be made?? 

Probably by January! The students set it up once the info is given to them from the faculty/staff. The one for the class of 2021 was mid December! But I’d say by January. 

Also, I’m assuming you want to know for things like housing, the move, meeting classmates.. Don’t worry, it is plenty of time to get things together. 

And as another poster said earlier, real estate in NYC flips fast! So even if you found a place that’s available now, it definitely won’t be in February. 

Edited by mvatican

On 11/19/2019 at 1:36 PM, johnsonerict said:

I would call them to make sure they received the supplemental. I've heard of them getting lost in the mail before. Did you get a tracking number when you mailed it?

On 11/19/2019 at 1:46 PM, mvatican said:

Hey so a lot of students in the 2021 class had issues with this as well. As long as the post date on the package is before your deadline, you’re okay. — mine took forever, it was stuck at some facility for over a week. But, they finally got it and were very understanding. 

It would not hurt to call and ask if they have received it. They are used to that and would be happy to help you. 

I got a confirmation email from Cornell that they received my supplemental on 11/18! I also had a receipt from USPS after sending the letter through priority mail (only $7.35). I got an interview offer the following day so I just booked my tickets to NY!!! Interview on  Dec 5th 🙂

Edited by stang57

On 11/21/2019 at 5:39 PM, stang57 said:

I got a confirmation email from Cornell that they received my supplemental on 11/18! I also had a receipt from USPS after sending the letter through priority mail (only $7.35). I got an interview offer the following day so I just booked my tickets to NY!!! Interview on  Dec 5th 🙂

Yay congrats!!

i think that may be the last one! 😊 but don’t quote me. 
Try your best to get to the Q&A the night before!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 2:14 PM, stang57 said:

UPDATE: Interviewed at the last interview session on 12/5 and just got the acceptance call today!!!! I can't believe this is all happening so fast but I'm so excited :)))

Edited by stang57