2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 12/10/2019 at 10:16 AM, cat1997 said:

Is anyone going to the holiday party? I received an email about it last week, and I wasn’t sure if a lot of people for the class of 2022 would go.

Definitely go! If you are around, it’ll be great opportunity to meet people and ask questions. 🙂  I’ll message you 

1 hour ago, FuturePA2022 said:

Hey! So excited to be apart of Cornell class of 2022. Was wondering what people are doing for housing. DM me if also looking!! 

Just a tip...NYC real estate goes fast, so don’t start looking until you’re ready to move within 1-4 wks of signing. 

For NYC apartments, you should have handy the following to speed up the entire process (best to have it on you when you go look): your acceptance letter, financial aid letter (if you get it before), your documents (copies of your ID, bank statements x 2-3 most recent months, tax return/W2), your guarantor documents (YES you need a guarantor who makes 80x your portion of rent. Bank statements x 2-3 most recent months, copies of ID, tax return/W2, employment letter/contract that states their salary/start date), deposit/broker fees/first month amount ready in your account to get cashier’s checks with broker. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/11/2019 at 3:38 PM, cat1997 said:

Hey y’all! So I’m class of 2022, and I’m currently in NYC looking at apartments. I’m looking for two female roommates, and we already have a broker that we are working with for no fee! If you’re interested, please feel free to reply to this!

Hi there! I'm also class of 2022, are you still looking for female roommates? 

Thanks very much!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, prepahannah said:

Since Cornell starts so late, if I want to enter in March 2022, does that mean I apply in April 2021? So all of my other schools with summer/fall start dates would be an entire application cycle before? Thanks!

Cornell actually starts pretty early, in mid February actually (they start Feb 19 this year for 2019-2020 applicants). If you want to enter in  2022 then yes, you would apply during the 2021-2022 cycle. 

Edited by JLxPA

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 11:09 PM, masala said:

Hey guys, 

I hope all of you are safe and doing well during this tumultuous time. I was wondering how the PA program is going. Are classes online? 

Didactic year: yes, classes are online. schedules are moved around, bringing contents from later semesters to this semester

Clinical year: no, since we technically don't have classes in the form of lectures this year. Clinical activities are paused for now.