2019-2020 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, Christian27 said:

Hello all! Do you guys have any tips / advice for the Cornell interview? I have mine this month. Do you guys recommend anything in particular? Anything to bring? I would really appreciate any feedback!

After submitting the supplemental application how soon did you hear back about your interview? What day of the week? 

• Upvote 1

On 9/16/2019 at 3:50 PM, Christian27 said:

Hello all! Do you guys have any tips / advice for the Cornell interview? I have mine this month. Do you guys recommend anything in particular? Anything to bring? I would really appreciate any feedback!

Go to the Q&A the night before!! Helps ease your nerves a lot. 

They make you write an essay on site as well, so be prepared for that, but it’s so chill. Two one-on-ones and a group interview. Then a tour including a subway ride and walk uptown to the hospital.

just be yourself!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mvatican said:

Go to the Q&A the night before!! Helps ease your nerves a lot. 

They make you write an essay on site as well, so be prepared for that, but it’s so chill. Two one-on-ones and a group interview. Then a tour including a subway ride and walk uptown to the hospital.

just be yourself!

Awesome thank you so much for your response! I will definitely attend the Q&A. I am really looking forward to the interview. Thank you!

• Upvote 1

I (and a bunch of other people) have still not heard back from the July 18th interview. Just wanted to post to inform other applicants that there doesn't really seem to be a solid timeline with this one. I interviewed at 6 other schools and heard back within 2 weeks at all of them, so I'm assuming Cornell's review process is different. 

10 minutes ago, continuouscaffeinedrip said:

I did not receive an acceptance yesterday (10/7). Can I assume that I probably did not get accepted? Does anyone know if they will be sending out rejections soon too?

I called and they said rejection and waitlist decisions are sent snail mail. She said we should receive them by the end of the week. I’m not sure if they’ll be calling today though. I hope they do!

interviewed 9/12. just got the call. I'm so humbled. I hope those still waiting find their success too. I had given up and was already committing to more interview prep after thinking 3 interviews could have gone better. Hope for the best, and keep improving what you can and youll get in

Edited by nushinravan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1