2019-2020 Application Cycle

8 minutes ago, PAgrind said:

So I’m guessing if we haven’t received a request to fill out a supplemental app by now then they are not interested? Right? I assumed the supplemental apps were due with their deadline

I don't think so! I know their interviews keep going through the fall. And I think I read on last year's forum they finished sending out secondaries around November. I waited a while to hear back about a secondary so I wouldn't lose hope yet. 

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know how many people are invited to each interview? Who else has been invited to the interview on September 26th? I live all the way in Seattle so I am going to go to NYC from the 24th-27th so if anyone wants to have an adventure with me after the interview let me know! Hooray for new friends and hooray for future PAs!

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2019 at 7:57 AM, CharlotteF said:

Great thank you so much! 

Yes it is SO chill. Be yourself and don’t stress!

also, come to the Q&A the night before!! It will help ease the anxiety and you can meet some of the current students and those you will be interviewing with. Makes the interview day enjoyable - and wear comfy shoes for the walk to the hospital!

Edited by mvatican
  • Like 2

On 9/3/2019 at 12:50 PM, PAgrind said:

So I’m guessing if we haven’t received a request to fill out a supplemental app by now then they are not interested? Right? I assumed the supplemental apps were due with their deadline

Not at all. They have only had two interviews so far! They have interviews throughout at least November, maybe even December. I can’t remember. 

I am a current 1st year student. Here was my timeline if it helps!! (All of the classmates of mine who interviewed on the same day have a similar timeline, but each interview cycle varies!) - except interviews are always on Thursdays.

Applied Saturday 8/4/18

Received secondary Thursday 9/27/18  - due 10/5 (get tracking!! - they lost a lot of ours)

Interview offer received on Tuesday 10/16/18

Interviewed: Thursday 11/8/18

Acceptance call: Friday 11/16/18 - its my understanding that they usually try to make acceptance calls the next Friday after the interview. I don’t believe they call if you did not get in/waitlist. They send a letter. 

(And they still had at least one more interview after mine, maybe two)

Hope this helps!! You’ve still got time!!

Edited by mvatican
  • Upvote 2