2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 6/4/2019 at 12:32 PM, bam7dy said:

Do we have to takeΒ the CASPer exam before our application is considered complete?

From my understanding,Β  you have to take CASPer before your app is considered complete by MWU.Β  If you were referring to the completed app consideration with CASPA, then no, as they are completely separate.Β  Hope this answered your question! I just took my CASPer exam June 2nd.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 3:18 AM, Nlimo said:

Has anyone gotten interview invitations yet?Β 

I have not yet. I have sent in my CASPA application back in May and took my CASPer on 6/2. Still waiting on any form of invitation or acknowledgement from the University.Β 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alimurray said:

For those who have received an interview could you post your stats(:Β 

Overall GPA: 3.97

Science GPA: 3.95

GRE: 76% Verbal, 65% Quantitative, 99% Analytical

PCE: 1700 hours as scribe and phlebotomistΒ 

Volunteer: 1000+ hours

Shadowing: 160 hours

Edited by ShreenaP

just received an interview this morning! submitted CASPAΒ on 6/13 & took CASPer 6/25

overall: 3.71

science: 3.49

gre: 315 (65% quant, 80% verbal, 92% analytical)

PCE: ~1000hrs

volunteer: ~120hrs

shadowing: 30 hrs

Β 

congrats on everyone who received interviewsΒ and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!!!

7 hours ago, thisishard said:

hey guys! i received an email from MWU saying i was placed on a waitlist for an interview.Β debating on whether this is better than a rejection or if its false hope. good luck to everyone who has interviews!

I got this too... they said it should be viewed as a positive result and that’s what I’m going to view it as!

• Like 1

Just scheduled my interview for August 1st; anyone else joining me that day?

Β 

I interviewed with them last cycle and it was a group style interview. There were three of us being interviewed by two faculty members. I'm not sure if they always follow this format, but this is what they did last year!Β 

Β 

Also, does anyone have advice/prep material recommendations for the interview?

Β 
I interviewed with them last cycle and it was a group style interview. There were three of us being interviewed by two faculty members. I'm not sure if they always follow this format, but this is what they did last year!Β 
Β 

I also just reserved my interview for August 1st! I’m coming from WI. Any locals have any must-sees while I am there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Β 
Β 

I also just reserved my interview for August 1st! I’m coming from WI. Any locals have any must-sees while I am there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeyer23 said:

Awesome! My name is Jamie btw, hopefully we run into each other at the interview!

Β 

There are a lot of amazing outdoor must-sees but the downside is that it is very hot out here after about 10 am. If you have time you could drive north to Sedona, Arizona where is it a bit cooler and see some truly spectacular views. How long are you staying for?

Hi! Submitted Caspa 6/28, verified 6/30. I got an interview for 8/5! Also I e-mailed the admission office and asked if they do traditional or MMI interviews and was told Traditional.Β Β 

Overall: 3.30

Science: 3.17

GRE: verbal-158, Quant- 156, analytical- 4.0

PCH: 2500 (outpatient medical scribe)

Volunteer: over 1000.Β 

I got an interview through the articulation agreement with Midwestern Downers Grove Masters of Biomedical Science Program, so they just had to confirm I met the minimum requirements and had a 3.0 in my program with them so my turn around was pretty fast.

Edited by Kdrake75