2019-2020 Application Cycle

9 hours ago, Kdrake75 said:

Hi! Submitted Caspa 6/28, verified 6/30. I got an interview for 8/5! Also I e-mailed the admission office and asked if they do traditional or MMI interviews and was told Traditional.  

Overall: 3.30

Science: 3.17

GRE: verbal-158, Quant- 156, analytical- 4.0

PCH: 2500 (outpatient medical scribe)

Volunteer: over 1000. 

I got an interview through the articulation agreement with Midwestern Downers Grove Masters of Biomedical Science Program, so they just had to confirm I met the minimum requirements and had a 3.0 in my program with them so my turn around was pretty fast.

I'm interviewing 8/5 as well. Hope to see you there!

On 7/29/2019 at 1:50 PM, user2917 said:

Hey guys! I just submitted my app and was told to make an account. I am not sure why I can only see 2 of my letters of rec, GRE score, or casper exam score.

When looking at my account (and I have an interview so I know it is marked complete) I only have two letters of rec and my GRE scores showing, so I think as long as you have those then you should be good! If you don't have the green check marks and you think you should I would just e-mail the admission email address (admissaz@midwestern.edu). I also got a conformation email verifying that they had all my documents. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 7:24 AM, futurepagirll said:

Got waitlisted for an interview! The email says it’s a positive, but looking back at previous threads it doesn’t look like anyone ended up receiving an interview invite 🙁

Same! A little bummed but definitely better than a rejection! Stay positive!

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 11:16 AM, smithsm226 said:

how did you handle the heat during the campus tour?😬😬 

It was definitely toasty, but not intolerable. The tour guide did a good job making sure our walks between buildings were as brief as possible, and then we would stop to talk in the well-conditioned buildings. I was able to leave my suit jacket in the room where we were waiting before the interview, thankfully, so that helped too!

Hi everyone,

For those of you on the interview waitlist, I emailed MWU about how many people were on the waitlist and this is the response I got:

”Hello,

Thank you for your email and interest in our PA program. At this time there are over 150 applicants on the waitlist for interview. It is difficult to predict if applicants will be pulled from the waitlist since every cycle is different.”

Not sure how to feel about this considering I was under the impression the interview waitlist would be a “positive” result

On 8/1/2019 at 8:45 AM, Kdrake75 said:

When looking at my account (and I have an interview so I know it is marked complete) I only have two letters of rec and my GRE scores showing, so I think as long as you have those then you should be good! If you don't have the green check marks and you think you should I would just e-mail the admission email address (admissaz@midwestern.edu). I also got a conformation email verifying that they had all my documents. Hope this helps!

Thank you! The green check marks are there 🙂

FYI my interviewer said they would be reviewing everyone who interviewed on 8/1, 8/5 and 8/6 on Thursday morning (8/8) and we could look for portal changes as soon as that afternoon...😬😬😬😬😬😬😬. I'm not sure if I love this fast turn around or am terrified by it!

By the looks of last years form if you are waitlisted your applicant check list would change, if you were accepted you would then have something under the "accepted checklist." And it seemed like last year there was a lag time between the portal change and admissions actually contacting you, I expect that will be the same this year 😀  Good luck everyone!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sweatpea0519 said:

I wonder how many people they take from each month. say 25 people X 3 days = 75. if they interview for 5 months, that's 375 people. 

so to pick 90 people for the class, it's on average 18 people chosen from 75 people for each month pool. 

But since it’s rolling admissions I think they likely take more in the beginning if they like the applicants. At least from what I’ve heard schools doing, which is why applying early is so important.