Eastern Virginia Medical School 2019-2020 Cycle Applicants

Hi there! 
I’m looking at applying for the next application cycle, but was wondering if anyone got an interview without extensive health care hours? 

Long story short- I’ve been in nursing school and they don’t like you to work while you are in school. So all my direct patient care has been through the clinicals (by the time the program ends I will have over 600 hours, but I don’t think they will count it). 

If you’re strong in all the other categories would they consider you? Has anyone experienced something similar?

thanks!

42 minutes ago, Jennaorelski said:

Hi there! 
I’m looking at applying for the next application cycle, but was wondering if anyone got an interview without extensive health care hours? 

Long story short- I’ve been in nursing school and they don’t like you to work while you are in school. So all my direct patient care has been through the clinicals (by the time the program ends I will have over 600 hours, but I don’t think they will count it). 

If you’re strong in all the other categories would they consider you? Has anyone experienced something similar?

thanks!

Hi there!!! I’ve attached a picture of their avgs from 2017-2019. While they would consider you, avg accepted is where you’ll want to aim for! 

I hope this is helpful! 

my PCE is 6K+ and I received an interview during the first wave and this is my first application cycle! I’ve been working towards this for 2 1/2 years! There is no harm in waiting! 

77FC2508-3F18-40FD-94C0-9B6BC2741E06.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thegrayprepa said:

Hello to all the applicants of EVMS MPAS Class of 2023, 

I know exactly how you are feeling right now because I was in your same position last year. I look forward to meeting many of you virtually on interview days. You made a great decision applying to EVMS. Best of luck to you all!! 

Vicky

Thank you so much, Vicky! 

Looking forward to “meeting” you next month!

Enjoy this beautiful day in Hampton Roads, 

- Lauren 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thegrayprepa said:

Hello to all the applicants of EVMS MPAS Class of 2023, 

I know exactly how you are feeling right now because I was in your same position last year. I look forward to meeting many of you virtually on interview days. You made a great decision applying to EVMS. Best of luck to you all!! 

Vicky

Thank you Vicky! I look forward to meeting you next month!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DOCRAH said:

So is anyone still holding out hope for a 4th round of interview invitations since we haven't received any form of rejections yet? Fingers crossed 🤞 that a 4th wave goes out today & that those of us still waiting are selected!!

They typically only do 3 rounds of invites, but this year could be different given the circumstances. EVMS is closed today though because of our governor’s executive order in celebration of Juneteenth. 

21 minutes ago, LaurenR19 said:

They typically only do 3 rounds of invites, but this year could be different given the circumstances. EVMS is closed today though because of our governor’s executive order in celebration of Juneteenth. 

That's great that the governor in VA issued an executive order to celebrate Juneteenth...not so good for us hoping for an invitation😔As a multiple time PA school applicant and a first time EVMS applicant this is disheartening as I thought I found a place where I could make the cut and finally matriculate into a program but maybe they haven't sent out all of the third wave yet🤷‍♂️Regardless congrats to those who received an invitation...I know you all will knock your interviews out the park and matriculate into the amazing program there at EVMS!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chapla36 said:

Anyone gotten a rejection letter? I haven't had neither invitation nor rejection. Wondering if I should keep checking or not... thinking not... but then again, no rejection means a chance? Not sure about this.

I haven't received anything yet. When you say "keep checking" do you mean that you've contacted EVMS about this or have I misinterpreted what you were trying to convey? That is true that no rejection does mean there's still a chance!!

To anyone that has received/registered for an interview- 

On my PURL, when I visit the page, the option to register for an interview is still there. In the "Events" tab, it states that I am registered but still gives me the option to register for an interview. It also says that there are 0 guests in the event. 

Is anyone else's PURL looking like this? Just checking here first before emailing the admissions team.

TIA!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ammpa said:

To anyone that has received/registered for an interview- 

On my PURL, when I visit the page, the option to register for an interview is still there. In the "Events" tab, it states that I am registered but still gives me the option to register for an interview. It also says that there are 0 guests in the event. 

Is anyone else's PURL looking like this? Just checking here first before emailing the admissions team.

TIA!

That is exactly how mine looks! The option to register for another interview is in the event you need to reschedule and guests says ‘0’ because you’re not bringing anyone with you! 

From my understanding (friends in the c/o 21 and 22), if we are offered a spot to matriculate, that PURL will be ours forever, so any other event we’d attend during our time at EVMS will go there. For example, white coat ceremony which will have the option to register guests! 

I hope this helps! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LaurenR19 said:

That is exactly how mine looks! The option to register for another interview is in the event you need to reschedule and guests says ‘0’ because you’re not bringing anyone with you! 

From my understanding (friends in the c/o 21 and 22), if we are offered a spot to matriculate, that PURL will be ours forever, so any other event we’d attend during our time at EVMS will go there. For example, white coat ceremony which will have the option to register guests! 

I hope this helps! 

Yes!

Thank you so much! It disappeared for a couple of days and then it popped back up again. Just wanted to see if others had the same. 

Thanks again for calming my nerves! Interviews are so close but so far away!

8 hours ago, DOCRAH said:

I haven't received anything yet. When you say "keep checking" do you mean that you've contacted EVMS about this or have I misinterpreted what you were trying to convey? That is true that no rejection does mean there's still a chance!!

Checking for news.

10 minutes ago, ATtoPA2020 said:

For anyone that has received an interview invitation, have we gotten follow up information about it? I haven’t seen anything on my PURL about the set up or structure of it. I just wanted to make sure the information wasn’t somewhere else! 

It’s virtual. If you go under ‘PA Interview Information’ that will take you to a page and you can see the schedule for morning and afternoon sessions. It is virtual, but other than that, no other information has been received. They did say they’d send out further information closer to the time. 

8 minutes ago, LaurenR19 said:

It’s virtual. If you go under ‘PA Interview Information’ that will take you to a page and you can see the schedule for morning and afternoon sessions. It is virtual, but other than that, no other information has been received. They did say they’d send out further information closer to the time. 

Where is the 'PA Interview Information' link?