Eastern Virginia Medical School 2019-2020 Cycle Applicants

I know of some people who have received decline notifications about this cycle for EVMS, but I haven't heard of anyone hearing back about an interview invite. Has anyone been extended an interview?

Thank you! Trying to figure out where I stand (nervous!).

MPA the first wave of interviews went out they have 3. The 2nd wave should come out on Friday or Monday. Keep up the hope!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Katnhi said:

The first wave of invites occurred earlier this week I believe Tuesday. There will be other waves of invites depending on who accepts or declines their interviews. I am curious about the decline notifications, were the people you knew that got declined because they did not have all the needed prerequisites like they got the decline notifications early April or did they receive it this month? 

Last week they heard!

15 minutes ago, MPAhopeful said:

I know of some people who have received decline notifications about this cycle for EVMS, but I haven't heard of anyone hearing back about an interview invite. Has anyone been extended an interview?

Thank you! Trying to figure out where I stand (nervous!).

I received my interview invite on Tuesday at 9am. 2nd wave should go out on Friday depending on how many accepted/declined invite.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, spay12 said:

Congrats to everyone that got an invite! For those who have signed up, have you received a confirmation email or can see somewhere to confirm your interview acceptance went through? I want to make sure I did it right! 

I didn't get a confirmation email. I did email the program just to see if we will eventually get something. I'm on the same boat! I'll let you know as soon as I hear back 🙂 

6 minutes ago, patobe82 said:

If you go to the personalized url and go to the interview section it lists upcoming events pa school interviews if you look above it will say my registrations and your date and time are listed there, that confirms to me you did it right..

I second this!!! They also said in the email with the interview invite that we’d receive more information later with how to access everything for our interview! 

10 hours ago, patobe82 said:

If you go to the personalized url and go to the interview section it lists upcoming events pa school interviews if you look above it will say my registrations and your date and time are listed there, that confirms to me you did it right..

Thanks! I checked that and I'm all good to go 👍

22 minutes ago, FuturePA9987 said:

You may be able to see it to get a “sneak peek” but I would advise those to wait for the email before signing up though.  It makes it feel more “real” to see an email! 

I second this! I actually received my email invite (even though I saw my PURL) and it was 100x better!! 

• Like 1

Congratulations to everyone who received interviews! This is such an exciting time and you should be proud of this accomplishment. 🎉

If you didn't receive an interview, keep hope alive!! I know that is easier said than done sometimes and it can be easy to be discouraged. However, I promise that hard work and determination pays off. I applied to PA school for four years in a row before being accepted to EVMS and I am now a proud member of the Class of 2022! 

I will be helping with the interview process this year alongside my amazing classmates and I am so excited to (virtually) meet some of you guys!! 

-Taylor 😊

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, FuturePA9987 said:

Hi Taylor,

Thanks for your kind words. I am a third time applicant and received an interview invite for the second time. What did you improve upon each cycle that you applied? Hope to virtually meet you!  

FuturePA9987,

Congratulations! That's great to hear.

I did a few different things through the years but my biggest weakness was my GPA. Over the 4 years I retook many of my science pre-requisite courses to help prove that I was capable of mastering that material. I ended up taking about 35 post-baccalaureate credits and continued to gain PCE hours during that time. I also became certified as an EMT-B and volunteered at my local fire department. Everyone's path is different though, so as long as you show that you're committed to improving and learning they will see that! 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DOCRAH said:

Maybe they won't let us know until late this afternoon (around 4 pm). That was the time we were expecting initially on Monday. I believe the program surprised us all with the 9 am interview invitation emails

I think it will not be until Monday, because they give 72 hours for the first wave to reply and schedule an interview.