Eastern Virginia Medical School 2019-2020 Cycle Applicants

Just now, Chapla36 said:

I think it will not be until Monday, because they give 72 hours for the first wave to reply and schedule an interview.

Oh I was thinking 72 hours literally as in they sent the 1st wave emails out at 9 am on Monday so 72 hrs past that would be Thursday at 9 am and actually if today was the day then that would be well over 72 hours but who knows. Maybe it might be Monday. Guess everyone just has such amazing narratives and stats that it's that hard to choose which candidates will be selected for the coveted interview spots for wave 2🤷‍♂️. Anyone reach out yet?

Monday hopefully. Definitely past 72 hrs though??🤔 Makes you wonder, but since interview emails weren't sent out on Monday as we thought maybe that pushed things back. I wonder also if they are allowing applicants more time to accept b/c of the COVID situation?? Either way we will hear something next week probably for sure I'd imagine. Everyone keep your fingers crossed & continue to think positive thoughts. Next week we all will be getting life changing news!!!

Hi everyone! I got an interview invite today but I will be declining since I got accepted elsewhere! I hope this gives someone else my spot. I see other people posting stats and I had nowhere near a high GPA. 
cGPA 3.3 sGPA 3.24 (I also had some poor grades one F, one D, and a few Cs). Pre-req GPA consisted of A's and Bs averaging to 3.65. I also retook a few courses too!

I hope that by being transparent this motivates others to continue to apply even if you do not have that high GPA. 
Experience: EMT,MA,Scribe. 5.8K hours 

Good luck to everyone interviewing! If you didn't get an interview invite DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!!

Edited by resilientpa95
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, resilientpa95 said:

Hi everyone! I got an interview invite today but I will be declining since I got accepted elsewhere! I hope this gives someone else my spot (if they even do that). I see other people posting stats and I had nowhere near a high GPA. 
cGPA 3.3 sGPA 3.24 (I also had some poor grades one F, one D, and a few Cs). Pre-req GPA consisted of A's and Bs averaging to 3.65. I also retook a few courses too!

I hope that by being transparent this motivates others to continue to apply even if you do not have that high GPA. 

Good luck to everyone interviewing! If you didn't get an interview invite DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!!

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your replacement GPA and how many extra credits did you take? 

thank you for encouragement and congrats on your acceptance elsewhere!  

• Like 1

@ktran1 the replacement GPA was 3.65 for EVMS for pre-reqs asked. As for extra credits I took roughly an additional 8 classes outside (3-4 units each) of the recommended list such as (Pathophysiology, Bioethics, Ochem, Pharmacology, Med Term, Genetics, Biochem, Exercise Physio, and Kinesiology courses which ultimately brought up my GPA up! 

• Like 1

Wow so they did send out interviews today...hmph. Thanks resilientpa95 for that update & the encouraging words. Greatly appreciated. I feel that this same thing will happen with many applicants that they select for interviews since we are now in a new application cycle when interviews are just now being offered for applicants for last cycle. There's still a great deal of hope for us all!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, resilientpa95 said:

Hi everyone! I got an interview invite today but I will be declining since I got accepted elsewhere! I hope this gives someone else my spot. I see other people posting stats and I had nowhere near a high GPA. 

Awesome post! Thank you for sharing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Katnhi said:

I am confused how they look at stats mine is 

Replacement GPA 3.90 

Pre Req GPA 3.60 

HCE around 14,000 hours. 

Does EVMS look heavily at Pre Req GPA ? It seems that I have to get like a 4.0 in this to be considered for an interview. 

EVMS does a very holistic approach to their review. 

I’m a first time applicant. Here are my stats: 

Graduate GPA: 4.0 

Pre-req GPA: 3.85 

PCE: 7K+ and accruing (school psychologist) 

volunteer hours: 250+ 

shadowing: 50 hours w/PA; 15 with an MD 

community service: 100 hours 

They are huge on a commitment to service. It’s listed all over their website!

how are things beyond just your GPA? What about PCE?

14 minutes ago, Katnhi said:

I am confused how they look at stats mine is 

Replacement GPA 3.90 

Pre Req GPA 3.60 

HCE around 14,000 hours. 

Does EVMS look heavily at Pre Req GPA ? It seems that I have to get like a 4.0 in this to be considered for an interview. 

Prereq GPA and Replacement(last 40 credits)  or overall or graduate GPAs are the two main GPAs.  As a reapplicant, I’ve been told one B or less will make you competitive. Each year gets more competitive, so yes a 4.0 in the prereq is what they’re really seeking. I had a 3.75 prereq GPA my first time applying and was told I needed to replace those Bs with As. Take a look at their stats on their website for previous and current cohorts. 

• Like 1

Hi guys! Super interested to attend EVMS, it’s on of my top choices! Congrats to all of y’all who have received interview invites that’s awesome. On CASPA all I see available right now is the early assurance program with the regular applications opening July 1? Is this correct? It feels like so many of you have received invites and I’m scared I’ve misread the information and am very behind!

4 minutes ago, kourtneyk said:

Hi guys! Super interested to attend EVMS, it’s on of my top choices! Congrats to all of y’all who have received interview invites that’s awesome. On CASPA all I see available right now is the early assurance program with the regular applications opening July 1? Is this correct? It feels like so many of you have received invites and I’m scared I’ve misread the information and am very behind!

Hello! 

our interviews are for the 2019-2020 cycle that closed March 1. The 2020-2021 cycle is open; however they do not do rolling admissions and their app is due March 1 2021. 

I hope this helps! 

• Like 1

Oh goodness thank you both so much!! I’ll be honest I got a little nervous lol the cycles are extremely close so I’m glad they changed the dates slightly to make things less confusing. I wish you all the best of luck and you’ve all got this! Stay positive and you’ll crush it!

• Like 1