Eastern Virginia Medical School 2019-2020 Cycle Applicants

4 minutes ago, tvaney said:

I thought we got an email either way. Is that not the case?

To my knowledge we should get an email if we're invited to interview or if we're rejected. I know they sent out some rejection letters starting in April (according to the email, to candidates who did not meet minimum requirements). I don't know when the rest of the rejection letters will be sent out.

• Like 1

Just now, SPutnam2020 said:

Ok yay! I was hoping it wasn't a glitch. Omg I'm getting super excited now!!!! 😁 So hard to wait for the email, but I really do want to have that confirmation and satisfaction.

Same here! My heart is beating out of my chest! This is my fourth application cycle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mxray said:

Same here! My heart is beating out of my chest! This is my fourth application cycle.

You got this!!!! This is only my first, so I won't be completely distraught if I don't get in, but I'm hoping and praying for the best. Wishing you a successful interview that lands you a seat! You've definitely earned it 🙌

• Like 1

Yes to those still waiting, do not give up. This is my fourth application cycle and will be my second interview. I know it is hard and I know the rejection hurts, but what has helped me is to look at how much I have grown each cycle. We will all make phenomenal PAs, we just have to wait for the right time (I know that's the part that stinks)! Good luck to everyone!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, mxray said:

Yes to those still waiting, do not give up. This is my fourth application cycle and will be my second interview. I know it is hard and I know the rejection hurts, but what has helped me is to look at how much I have grown each cycle. We will all make phenomenal PAs, we just have to wait for the right time (I know that's the part that stinks)! Good luck to everyone!

Can you give any insight to types of questions that you were asked during your interview? 

7 minutes ago, ammpa said:

Can you give any insight to types of questions that you were asked during your interview? 

The first interview I received was at a different school, they had MMI style and then a one on one interview. This will be my first time interviewing here. I would read up on current topics and challenges PAs are facing and honestly just be yourself. 

Edited by mxray
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 7:32 AM, Erskinesimone38 said:

Hello! Just wondering, did you get any feedback on what you were missing from the schools you applied to in your first cycle? 

this is my first cycle so just trying to get an idea of what schools are wanting to see more of. 

I apologize for the late response. I did not get noticed of this message.

No, I did not. I just tried to make my second application stronger. I rewrote my essay, took an extra 6 wk biochem class, and kept volunteering. I also asked for more responsibilities at work, so I had more variety to list on my current position. I wish you the best, this is a stressful time. Remember to breathe and relax! You got this!!

Edited by MZHolden