Eastern Virginia Medical School 2019-2020 Cycle Applicants

Damn it.... Just submitted for the new 2020-2021 cycle. I referred to the school as "East Virginia Medical School" in my attached resume 😅 How screwed am I? Should I email the school apologizing for the typo? I'm at work in the ER currently and wanted to submit between patients. The stress is real but I suppose it's my fault for rushing...... ugh sucks.

10 minutes ago, sc215266 said:

Damn it.... Just submitted for the new 2020-2021 cycle. I referred to the school as "East Virginia Medical School" in my attached resume 😅 How screwed am I? Should I email the school apologizing for the typo? I'm at work in the ER currently and wanted to submit between patients. The stress is real but I suppose it's my fault for rushing...... ugh sucks.

They won’t even review your app until March 1 of 2021. Why the rush to submit? I’d definitely email/ask how you can submit an updated copy. 

8 minutes ago, LaurenR19 said:

They won’t even review your app until March 1 of 2021. Why the rush to submit? I’d definitely email/ask how you can submit an updated copy. 

Literally just had a reminder saved in my phone that their cycle opened today, feel super silly. You're right, I suppose I'll bite the bullet and email

5 minutes ago, sc215266 said:

Literally just had a reminder saved in my phone that their cycle opened today, feel super silly. You're right, I suppose I'll bite the bullet and email

Below is the link to the admissions guidebook and has a portion regarding updating CASPA after submitting. That might tell you exactly what you need! 

I’m sure admissions is super busy as we start interviewing the 16th of this month so you may get your answer there! 

Hopefully it’s helpful! 

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/health_professions/mpa_program/pdfs/EVMS_MPA_Admissions_Guidebook_2020-2021.pdf

4 hours ago, LaurenR19 said:

Did you receive an email from the program stating your application was complete and under review in March? Have you checked your junk?! 

Yes I received an email on March 4th saying that my application was complete and everything was received for the application file requirements with a table noting yes on all the prerequisites. I just checked my junk email right now as well. Maybe I should email Erin Suit ?  

16 minutes ago, Katnhi said:

Yes I received an email on March 4th saying that my application was complete and everything was received for the application file requirements with a table noting yes on all the prerequisites. I just checked my junk email right now as well. Maybe I should email Erin Suit ?  

I’m not sure who Erin Suit is. My contact at EVMS is different. It might be worth an email, but I do know registration is full for interviews according to other posts I’ve read. I hope you get it figured it out! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SPutnam2020 said:

Hey fellow future PAs! 🙂 Does anyone know how many students they are accepting this year? Not sure if it will be around 80 like last year. 

Every year has been 80. I know at one point they were trying to get approval for 82 I think? Not sure when they were hoping to establish that though! 

• Like 1

Received an email yesterday for a zoom meeting with current students and those interviewing. I'm glad they put something together so we can meet each other even if it's virtually! 

Hopefully everyone is holding it together as we get closer to the interview! 😊

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, mxray said:

Received an email yesterday for a zoom meeting with current students and those interviewing. I'm glad they put something together so we can meet each other even if it's virtually! 

Getting excited, but still a little anxious for the interview! So glad we get a chance to meet virtually beforehand though. 😃 Which zoom meeting did you choose? Thinking of doing the one on Friday at 7pm. I'd like to do both, but not sure if I can. 

Also, the email indicates that we can have a "beverage of choice". Do you think it would frowned upon if I sipped on a glass of wine? 🤔 Don't want to look unprofessional or set a bad impression

Edited by SPutnam2020
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SPutnam2020 said:

Getting excited, but still a little anxious for the interview! So glad we get a chance to meet virtually beforehand though. 😃 Which zoom meeting did you choose? Thinking of doing the one on Friday at 7pm. I'd like to do both, but not sure if I can. 

Also, the email indicates that we can have a "beverage of choice". Do you think it would frowned upon if I sipped on a glass of wine? 🤔 Don't want to look unprofessional or set a bad impression

Hi there! I’ll be at both. Last year, they held their meet and greets at a local bar in Norfolk and the interviewees and current students had some drinks. My friend who is now in their program had a glass of wine! 

I had planned to sip on a glass of whiskey, so I don’t think it would be unprofessional at all especially since it specifically mentioned it in the email! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SPutnam2020 said:

I'm trying to hold it together but I am so excited just for you the opportunity to interview here! I chose the Friday at 7pm. I'd love to do both but family is coming in so Sat. isn't looking like a possibility. I also don't think it would be frowned upon if you have an adult beverage. I would think they wouldn't have said drink of your choice if there is a wrong choice. 

Looking forward to meeting everyone! 😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mxray said:

Thanks for posting this; I might've missed it since it wasn't from EVMS' email. I might be able to make the Saturday meeting but if I do I'll have to join from work (so no drinks for me sadly). Still, looking forward to meeting some of you!

• Like 3

Morning everyone! I was just on the PURL under interview information and it looks like information was added to that link in regards to the actual interview day. It has a manual on how to check connection, what to do between interviews, and how to access the interview rooms! I am pretty sure this is new so I wanted to share. 😊

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mxray said:

Morning everyone! I was just on the PURL under interview information and it looks like information was added to that link in regards to the actual interview day. It has a manual on how to check connection, what to do between interviews, and how to access the interview rooms! I am pretty sure this is new so I wanted to share. 😊

Woohoo! Thank you for sharing! 😃

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mxray said:

It is! 

Thank you so much! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mxray said:

Thanks for letting us know! 

• Like 1

After reading the Interview Manual, I have the impression that our two interviews are going to be individual instead of group interviews. Does anyone else think the same? It seems there would be less risk of technical difficulties with a personal interview vs. group one. 

Also, has anyone already received their interview link email? Mine is not until July 18 but the manual mentions an interview link email and just want to make sure I didn't miss anything. 

Looking forward to "seeing" everyone this weekend!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ammpa said:

After reading the Interview Manual, I have the impression that our two interviews are going to be individual instead of group interviews. Does anyone else think the same? It seems there would be less risk of technical difficulties with a personal interview vs. group one. 

Also, has anyone already received their interview link email? Mine is not until July 18 but the manual mentions an interview link email and just want to make sure I didn't miss anything. 

Looking forward to "seeing" everyone this weekend!

I also think given the virtual nature of the interviews they will be one on one rather than a group. I have not received the interview link yet either. I would think they may go out this week or Monday!