2019-2020 Cycle

7 hours ago, aprilantol27 said:

I will also be flying in that day! My flight is supposed to land at 6:40pm. I'd love to meet up! 

On 10/7/2019 at 8:42 AM, luna721 said:

I will be interviewing on 10/21. My flight arrives in Durham around 6:30 on 10/20. Does anyone want to meet up for dinner that night?

Hey! I’m interviewing on 10/21 as well and down to meet up for dinner on 10/20 🙂 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ilyklu said:

I wish their timeline wasn't so drawn out! I am still waiting to hear about interview invite or rejection. For those who interviewed (congrats!!), did they make mention of how many more they'd be holding?

They interview 250 applicants in 4 rounds of interviews before the holidays start. Round 1 was last week (3 days, 21 applicants each day) and it looks like round 2 will start in 2 weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jayjay123 said:

How much advance notice did you get for the interview? I submitted my supplemental on 8/2 and have yet to hear anything. 

I submitted my supplemental in June and was notified of my 10/1 interview at the very end of August. But in years past, they may notify you with less notice- especially if you’re local. 

Just recieved an interview invite for 11/06! So excited! I was wondering if anyone else interviewing brought a relative or SO for the first half of the day? I know they encouraged this in the invitation and even asked if our guest had any dietary restricitons, but I don't wanna be the only one who shows up with their mom haha 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bbreede1 said:

Just recieved an interview invite for 11/06! So excited! I was wondering if anyone else interviewing brought a relative or SO for the first half of the day? I know they encouraged this in the invitation and even asked if our guest had any dietary restricitons, but I don't wanna be the only one who shows up with their mom haha 

Did you receive it today?

1 hour ago, bbreede1 said:

I wouldn’t bring her. I interviewed 10/1 and one girl brought her boyfriend but he ended up leaving because there wasn’t a lot of space and it was kind of awkward bc he was the ONLY one there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, journey2pa said:

I wouldn’t bring her. I interviewed 10/1 and one girl brought her boyfriend but he ended up leaving because there wasn’t a lot of space and it was kind of awkward bc he was the ONLY one there. 

40 minutes ago, Samanthandiaz said:

This is really good to know because I was planning to bring my husband 😂 

Yeah, building off of journey2pa, the conference room where the information session/questions is jam packed with all of the staff and interviewees. 

Plus, you will want to have the opportunity to chat with other interviewees and current students without having to worry about your guest. 

• Upvote 1

I feel like in the case of bringing a guest they want to see that applicants have the full unconditional support of their spouses. PA school gives you a run for your money, they want to know that their applicants can give it their all when they are going through the program. Thoughts?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 10/12/2019 at 4:22 PM, junebug said:

Yeah, building off of journey2pa, the conference room where the information session/questions is jam packed with all of the staff and interviewees. 

Plus, you will want to have the opportunity to chat with other interviewees and current students without having to worry about your guest. 

I haven't interviewed yet (10/21), but I am bringing my significant other. He's really outgoing and I'm sure he will wander off to talk to people without me. I already RSVP'd on his behalf, so if you're debating if you should bring your loved one, come join us! I appreciate Duke offering for him to be a part of the day since we're flying/potentially moving across the country to attend this program. At my other interview, the current students kept telling me about how they not only become a family, but also their SOs end up hanging out with the cohort during fun events. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/12/2019 at 4:56 PM, journey2pa said:

Hahaha, this was me! I let him go because there weren’t any other SOs for him to talk with— I’m not sure if I would have invited him if I knew that’d be the case. But hey, they loved it and I got in. Maybe they appreciated our dedication. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, goldybee said:

Hahaha, this was me! I let him go because there weren’t any other SOs for him to talk with— I’m not sure if I would have invited him if I knew that’d be the case. But hey, they loved it and I got in. Maybe they appreciated our dedication. 😉 

Congratulations on your acceptance!! I’m curious to see if other SOs will show up to other interview days. Each group might be different. My husband is a bit shy, so him being the only SO there would make him feel quite awkward. By the same token, I want him to come because I want him to be involved and understand what we’re getting ourselves into! I’m glad to hear it was positive experience for you!

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 4:56 PM, journey2pa said:

Good to know haha thank you! I would have definitely been a little uneasy if I walked in and no one else brought someone!