2019-2020 Cycle

Congrats to everyone who has already interviewed and those to have been accepted! Does every person who interviews hear back that next Tuesday? Rejections and waitlist included or only the “standouts/early acceptances”? Also, does anyone know how many spots are expected to be left the last group of interviewees if they are telling everyone now?

4 hours ago, PrePA1115 said:

Waitlisted! Congrats to everyone who was accepted!! Does anyone know if people actually come off of the waiting list and are accepted within a reasonable time period/at all? 

If anyone has information on how proactive duke’s waitlists is please message me! I was also waitlist but remaining hopeful! 

13 hours ago, lnicolem said:

Accepted on 10/29- will be declining for a school that's a better fit for me, hope this opens up a spot for one of you! 

6 minutes ago, mamprepa said:

Just turned down my acceptance to attend a different program. Good luck to all you wait-listers, and congratulations to those who have already accepted!

Were there any red flags for you guys from Duke that caused you to choose another program? 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, FuturePA55 said:

Were there any red flags for you guys from Duke that caused you to choose another program? 

I think Duke is a great program and I felt so welcomed by their faculty and students, I definitely look forward to networking and working alongside Duke grads in my future career! I was so grateful to be offered the opportunity to join. I just feel that something else is a better fit for me. I chose a different reputable program that has unique opportunities that really suit my interests, logistically makes more sense for me, and I felt that I meshed with "vibe"/culture the best. It's all about what's best for you. You can private message me if you want to know more details

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, FuturePA55 said:

No red flags! Similar to what lnicolem was saying- Duke is an impressive program, and I felt confident I would have gotten trained well there (it was actually my second choice). The program I chose has a few curriculum differences that I felt aligned better with my goals. I also felt that interview-day "click" a little stronger there as well! Message me if you have any other questions! I'd be happy to help with wherever you may be in the application process.