Hello all,

I am a prospective MBKU applicant eager to apply this cycle (going on my second time now). I noticed nobody had created a thread for this years cycle, so I figured I would! I would like to know all the possible in's and out's of getting into this program and be able to help other do the same. I was waitlisted for an interview in the 2018-2019 cycle so I feel as though I am almost there! If anyone got an interview last cycle, has any advice or any questions, please don't hesitate to post in this thread! I will be doing my best to check daily and respond to posts as I am able. Best of luck everyone!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

On 4/16/2019 at 8:05 PM, wgayoub said:

Hello all,

I am a prospective MBKU applicant eager to apply this cycle (going on my second time now). I noticed nobody had created a thread for this years cycle, so I figured I would! I would like to know all the possible in's and out's of getting into this program and be able to help other do the same. I was waitlisted for an interview in the 2018-2019 cycle so I feel as though I am almost there! If anyone got an interview last cycle, has any advice or any questions, please don't hesitate to post in this thread! I will be doing my best to check daily and respond to posts as I am able. Best of luck everyone!

just submitted my application yesterday, awaiting verification now! this will be my first time applying, do you mind sharing your stats from last cycle?

• 5 weeks later...

I do not know what you wrote exactly, so I’m not sure if you should rewrite it. Maybe have some of ur friends or professional contacts check out what you wrote and give you some feedback? If it is good, I don’t see why copying and pasting it would be a bad idea, especially if you had good responses.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck to all applying!

I’m an entering student about to begin MBKU in August. The best piece of advice I can offer to you guys is to be authentic and be yourselves; they really are looking for a diverse class. Although they’re fairly new, because SoCal is highly populated and competitive in everything, and highly sought out in terms of places to live, MBKU has an amazing amount of applicants to choose from.  I know it’s hard, but try not to compare your stats to other people because I know people in my class with 4.0s and people with much lower grades.

Any questions, please fell free to message me 🤓

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 10:11 AM, Evana1993 said:

Isn't the supplemental application on CASPA? I thought that was the only one!

Hello! The questions to be answered are on CASPA but you should receive an email from them with log in information to their portal theory which you pay a $75 supplemental application fee. Hope this helps!

Hi everyone! Thought my experience may be helpful for some. I submitted 7/11 and never got the email for the portal to pay the supplemental fee so I emailed them to have it fixed. I finally had the issue resolved but for those who have submitted and not received any email-- you should definitely email them if it has been awhile (more than a few weeks) just to follow-up! 

41 minutes ago, AndrewPowell said:

I submitted my CASPA app today and received an email from MBKU that they received my application and I would hear back in Nov. about an interview... should I be expecting a separate email about a secondary app?

The only secondary questions for MBKU are through CASPA. You should receive an email with instructions to log in to the portal to pay a $75 fee

Submitted CASPA: 08/28

Submitted Supplemental Fee: 08/29

MBKU Confirmation Email: 08/29 

I was unsure if I needed to have submitted both CASPA App and the Supplemental App Fee or just CASPA App before the priority deadline for early consideration, but I think I should be ok. Now we wait. 😶