Yes, He said this.... Bless his little heart

There was an LPN that was in an immunology class I was taking that was upgrading to RN/BN...first day of the course, the two profs were having an open forum on what we knew about infectious diseases, ones that we knew, what caused them and if they were vaccine preventable or not.  Came to me and I said "Yellow Fever, viral, vaccine preventable."  Nursing Sister/Brother Know It Tall spits out "That's bacterial"  Prof looked back to me and I asked if he'd like me to name the virus for him...at which point person in the back with their nose in the air states "It has to be bacterial because there is a vaccine for it".  I had to turn around at that point and ask if they knew the etiologies of influenza, measles, mumps, polio, rubella, chicken pox, smallpox, because by her/his logic, they shouldn't have vaccines being that they are viral diseases...

Funny, but I'll say it again - I learned in Grade 3 and 4 health class what diseases we were vaccinated for as kids, why and what caused them.  It's much like the person that tried to tell me this afternoon that I'd only be getting $0.95 change from the $5.25 I gave her for the $2.15 coffee I bought...our education systems are sucking arse.  Oh, and leave religious stuff out of public education - want to teach cretinism, oops, creationism, save it for a private religious school or Church/Mosque/Synagogue school.

SK

Why is this such big news when we have a sitting president that is a moderate anti-vaxxer?

There are crazies in both ends of the spectrum (looking at you hippies in Oregon).

Fortunately, a new large study was recently released to further shore up arguments against the supposed link between autism and MMR.  

https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2727726/measles-mumps-rubella-vaccination-autism-nationwide-cohort-study

On 2/28/2019 at 9:15 AM, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

https://bgr.com/2019/02/27/bill-zedler-vaccines-texas-antibiotics/

Hard enough as it is to believe, yes, this is one our legislators.

He is a local legislator who, while ignorant about medicine, has limited ability to screw things up.

Thank God he is not a US congresswoman who is not only this unbelievably stupid, but is a leader in her national party. 

Or the IMBECILE we have for a president.......................

"The term imbecile was once used by psychiatrists to denote a category of people with moderate to severe intellectual disability, as well as a type of criminal.[1][2] The word arises from the Latin word imbecillus, meaning weak, or weak-minded. It included people with an IQ of 26–50, between "idiot" (IQ of 0–25) and "moron" (IQ of 51–70).[3] In the obsolete medical classification (ICD-9, 1977), these people were said to have "moderate mental retardation" or "moderate mental subnormality" with IQ of 35–49.[4]"

Archived