NCCPA Launches New Ad Campaign

Just not ordering, reading and interpreting X-Ray's in Texas.....lol sorry.

I would much rather see them spending money on a name change campaign.  Not trying to be a jerk, but that's how I feel.

But aren't they doing that too? They are spending money on name change. Maybe not as much or as fast as some of us would want but they are moving now IMO.

I think our focus should be equal practice laws across all 50 states, OTP, Name change and also PR. This is a positive move in my opinion but if it only starts and stops with this campaign then I would agree with you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, LKPAC said:

After 50+ years, we still have to explain who we are.  We were doing this 30 years ago.  If we had changed our name then, we would be so much better off.

25 years now I have been watching the occasional "promoting of PA's".  That's great, but if they are serious about a name change, why pump money into promoting the PA name now?  You get my drift....?  I don't think there are any plans to change our name to what it should be.  Medical Practitioners.  Hence, throw some money at promoting something most if not all of us are NOT....."Assistants".   Uggh.

Sorry NCCPA but I dislike these 3 videos

I have to stop and really think what are they saying, and I am a long term PA

Well a PA can be a friend in a time of need, dances with a patient in s wheelchair and can advocate for patients

it is only the voiceover that talks about the fact that we can certified, can practice medicine blah  blah blah

Think this is a swing and a miss by NCCPA - it is to soft, to passive and feel goodish.... 

PA's are highly educated, highly trained medical practitioners.  We do not take dance of friendship classes (although both can help augment a great provider) 

WE ARE PROVIDERS first....

Just my thoughts....

I haven't ever been to an AAPA meeting. Is there going to be some kind of opportunity to voice these concerns/frustrations at that event? Looking at the agenda I see what sounds like a lot of different leadership meetings but not sure if anyone can register for those or if it has to be specific folks in specific roles or... ?

On 2/7/2019 at 8:10 AM, ArmyVetDude said:

Who cares about this campaign. NP's are expanding their independence  (even in California) and increase in scope of practice while we are fighting in places like Texas and NY from docs trying to take away our privileges.  AAPA and PA groups are pathetic

not true now

10 and even 5 years ago yes, but AAPA has gotten on board and the new board is progressive and open in through

NCCPA is a monopoly which needs to "guided" more from AAPA - remember AAPA threatened to look into an alternate certification body to force NCCPA's hand recently..  AAPA is our friend, they are advocating, NCCPA needs guidance...... 

I do not like the 3 videos.  They do NOT advocate or further our profession but the videos are all about being certified.  They are advocating themselves and those PA's that are no longer certified must be somehow less of a medical clinician than those with the magic "C".  Just my opinion.  The ad is self serving for the NCCPA.

On 2/6/2019 at 2:00 PM, Cideous said:

25 years now I have been watching the occasional "promoting of PA's".  That's great, but if they are serious about a name change, why pump money into promoting the PA name now?  You get my drift....?  I don't think there are any plans to change our name to what it should be.  Medical Practitioners.  Hence, throw some money at promoting something most if not all of us are NOT....."Assistants".   Uggh.

AAPA paid an outside organization something like 1.5 million to investigate the best name for the profession. They will give their report in may at the BOD at the aapa conference. After that, it will be full speed ahead to first declare both names equivalent, allowing PAs to call themselves whatever, then the state by state fight to change legislation. it is coming...just like getting rid of the 's, this will happen.

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat to see what the outside organization comes up with.  The negative side of me fears they will say Physician Assistant is a well know entity and too  problematic to change and the positive side of me says they will come up with a title for us.  If it is the first...……...I believe there will be a huge PA coup from AAPA because they have the power to do it without hiring a firm to study it.  Just do it.  Just do it.  

Unfortunately, I won't be able to be at the HOD this year due to moving across state in the Spring and starting a new job.  I'll be on my phone all day with my delegates when that report is given.   

15 hours ago, Paula said:

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat to see what the outside organization comes up with.  The negative side of me fears they will say Physician Assistant is a well know entity and too  problematic to change and the positive side of me says they will come up with a title for us.  If it is the first...……...I believe there will be a huge PA coup from AAPA because they have the power to do it without hiring a firm to study it.  Just do it.  Just do it.  

Unfortunately, I won't be able to be at the HOD this year due to moving across state in the Spring and starting a new job.  I'll be on my phone all day with my delegates when that report is given.   

Its possible that could be their recommendation but if that happens I'll be floored. It isn't binding either. So it will be interesting. I'll be where I was last year. Sitting in the bleachers behind the HOD representing PAFT and doing everything we can do to see this movement keep moving.

Archived