Verified PA only section

Verified PA only forum section  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would provide minimal personal information, that would be deleted and never revealed, for verification to participate in a certified PA only section?

• YeS
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2018 at 09:35 PM

As it states, would you provide info that would verify your identity and certification, such as NCCPA certification sent from NCCPA by email, or other method, to participate in a verified PA sub forum. This would help eliminate trolls, discuss jobs/positions/offer advice/professional advancement more openly. The personal info would be deleted and likely with enough users forgotten in the masses. You would not have to reveal your identity openly in the forum.

I vote no because I think that would discourage participation and restrict diversity of opinion. However, I think a reasonable compromise would be that only those who properly identify themselves (PA, MD, NP, resident, Student status, etc.) are allowed to have that on their profile. Otherwise, they would be listed as "unverified" or something along those lines. Provides more validity to opinions. 

8 minutes ago, HanSolo said:

I vote no because I think that would discourage participation and restrict diversity of opinion. However, I think a reasonable compromise would be that only those who properly identify themselves (PA, MD, NP, resident, Student status, etc.) are allowed to have that on their profile. Otherwise, they would be listed as "unverified" or something along those lines. Provides more validity to opinions. 

I don't think that's unreasonable. I think it would be great to be listed as "verified" in any section you post. However, I still like a locked section for verified PAs. Remember, this isn't to make the whole forum locked. It would simply create a new sub forum that would be for verified PAs only so that way one could feel more comfortable discussing pathways to achieve new legislation without giving away strategy, discuss burnout at X company, and while you would be given one person more info it would actually provide another layer of anonymity from the outside world.

thanks for posting your reasons for voting no.

Just now, EMEDPA said:

they were all bad too, but I think this might have been the worst.

I'm okay with the thread derailing a bit for this ?

I think we have to remember that Ron Howard came in the middle of this film after the 2 previous directors, who did Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street, were trying to make Han Solo into a comedic character. They were in direct contrast to how the writer, Lawrence Kasdan (Raiders of the Lost Ark and Empire Strikes Back writer), was having him portrayed in the script. So I give a little leeway there, plus the acting and CGI didn't cause me repeated concussions from facepalming so hard like it did in the prequels. So, agree, not great, but not the worse.

SDN does this for certain subforums and I think it makes sense. I am ok with Solo's idea above as well, even if he did make the worst star wars movie ever.

Last jedi was far worse... It is the ONLY Star Wars movie I refuse to see a second time.. I rank it far below even the worst prior one Attack of the clowns I mean clones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

It would simply create a new sub forum that would be for verified PAs only so that way one could feel more comfortable discussing pathways to achieve new legislation without giving away strategy, discuss burnout at X company, and while you would be given one person more info it would actually provide another layer of anonymity from the outside world.

thanks for posting your reasons for voting no.

This I understand. I didn't think of that. I support it for those reasons (despite the fact that I couldn't participate just yet). 

Also, my movie was far better than I, II, and III. Hayden Christensen was an embarrassment. 

31 minutes ago, HanSolo said:

This I understand. I didn't think of that. I support it for those reasons (despite the fact that I couldn't participate just yet). 

Also, my movie was far better than I, II, and III. Hayden Christensen was an embarrassment. 

Look what if did to this kid. Prequels. Not even once.

9C26DDA6-99D6-4F95-8A19-069F1C4E4088.jpeg

So we’re not talking about read-only access for those without licenses, we’re talking complete invisibility.

I assume the mods could move threads between the sub-forum and the public view if ever appropriate (ie, a thread that doesn’t really need to be in the sub forum)?

Firefly/Serenity are awesome, I liked Rogue One, and I’ve still gotta see some of the other series mentioned. I saw a couple episodes of The Orville awhile back, and it was exactly what you’d expect: Seth Macfarlane writing and acting in Star Trek. Hardcore Trek fans would be appalled, but more casual watchers like myself can chuckle at the ribbing.

So we’re not talking about read-only access for those without licenses, we’re talking complete invisibility.
I assume the mods could move threads between the sub-forum and the public view if ever appropriate (ie, a thread that doesn’t really need to be in the sub forum)?
Firefly/Serenity are awesome, I liked Rogue One, and I’ve still gotta see some of the other series mentioned. I saw a couple episodes of The Orville awhile back, and it was exactly what you’d expect: Seth Macfarlane writing and acting in Star Trek. Hardcore Trek fans would be appalled, but more casual watchers like myself can chuckle at the ribbing.
I tolerated Orville for a few episodes then entirely stopped watching for exactly the reason you cited. Lol. I like Family Guy and American Dad but Orville was too much Seth McFarlane lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Agreed, one sub forum that is solidly restricted to PA only

I am on other forums that do this and although I felt a little strange giving the info to get into them, I did and appreciate the candor that can be had with in - as well it takes away the anonymity that so frequently is destructive on a public forum...

one vote YES 

Archived