Verified PA only section

Verified PA only forum section  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would provide minimal personal information, that would be deleted and never revealed, for verification to participate in a certified PA only section?

• YeS
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2018 at 09:35 PM

21 hours ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

I'm assuming you are pretending the prequels don't exist?

This.

The prequels are essentially unwatchable, IMO. I basically pretend that they don't even exist. In fact, my biggest gripe about Solo is the surprise "cameo" at the end that is supposed to tie-in to the prequels. 

The troubled production didn't help, for sure. I'm not a huge Ron Howard fan, but I think he is a competent director who was given an impossible task. Something like 70% of the film was reshot on sound stages, and it shows if you pay attention. It was basically a salvage job, which is a shame because it could've been much better if done right from the start, even without changing the script (although there are things I would've changed there as well, personally). All that said, overall I would still say I led the movie. I thought Alden Ehrenreich did pretty good, and Donald Glover as Lando was a masterstroke of casting, IMO. Not so impressed with Woody Harrelson, as he is one of those actors who to me is always himself more than whatever character he is supposed to be playing. Emelia Clarke was a little jarring as well - like, stay in GoT where you belong, lol.

Rogue One is far and away the best of the recent crop of films (to me). I loved that it existed in the same era as the original trilogy, but relied almost entirely on new characters, so that it could just focus on the story. And the casting didn't have any overly-recognizable faces, which is always nice. Just the overall production design was really well executed, I thought. I liked the darker, grittier tone.

Oh, and whoever mentioned BSG - spot on! Man, that was a solid series. Come to think of it, I think I never finished the last season! Need to go back and watch that.

Did I go to far off topic, lol

11 hours ago, HMtoPA said:

This.

The prequels are essentially unwatchable, IMO. I basically pretend that they don't even exist. In fact, my biggest gripe about Solo is the surprise "cameo" at the end that is supposed to tie-in to the prequels. 

The troubled production didn't help, for sure. I'm not a huge Ron Howard fan, but I think he is a competent director who was given an impossible task. Something like 70% of the film was reshot on sound stages, and it shows if you pay attention. It was basically a salvage job, which is a shame because it could've been much better if done right from the start, even without changing the script (although there are things I would've changed there as well, personally). All that said, overall I would still say I led the movie. I thought Alden Ehrenreich did pretty good, and Donald Glover as Lando was a masterstroke of casting, IMO. Not so impressed with Woody Harrelson, as he is one of those actors who to me is always himself more than whatever character he is supposed to be playing. Emelia Clarke was a little jarring as well - like, stay in GoT where you belong, lol.

Rogue One is far and away the best of the recent crop of films (to me). I loved that it existed in the same era as the original trilogy, but relied almost entirely on new characters, so that it could just focus on the story. And the casting didn't have any overly-recognizable faces, which is always nice. Just the overall production design was really well executed, I thought. I liked the darker, grittier tone.

Oh, and whoever mentioned BSG - spot on! Man, that was a solid series. Come to think of it, I think I never finished the last season! Need to go back and watch that.

Did I go to far off topic, lol

Rogue One definitely the best of the new for all the reasons you mentioned.

Yeah, the ending of BSG felt kinda forced and hurried to me. It was all this mystery and suspense, then "OH SH** WE HAVE TO WRAP THIS UP IN 4 EPISODES"

On 9/22/2018 at 9:56 PM, rev ronin said:

Both franchises shall grovel before Babylon 5.  And Firefly, for that matter.

+1 for Firefly. I thought The Last Jedi was good, but I'm not emotionally invested in the Star Wars universe anymore. 

And + 1 for a verified PA forum. There needs to be a place for PA-Cs who get paid. Students are not capable of keeping their opinions in the student forums. They just cant help it.

13 minutes ago, sk732 said:

Down side is of course foreigners such as myself don't have NCCPA certification...what could be done for those certified outside the USA?

SK

Obviously exceptions would be made. I’m sure there are a few practicing PAs in he US don’t even have certification. In this case I think perhaps a picture of your license would suffice.

Archived