Favorite scrubs?

I'm about to start a new job in the ED. What are some good brands of scrubs (female) with some pockets where I can maybe have a small notebook and maybe keep my stethoscope. I'd prefer to not try on every brand; hence, why I'm asking. I just know brands I've used in the past result in constantly having to pull them up to avoid the plumber's crack. Thanks! 

I got one set of medelita scrubs. They are comfortable, but if you're a small guy (5'8" 150lbs) and like a tailored fit, they are way to big. The medelita lab coat is awesome though. I get a compliment on it every time I wear it, which isn't often in the ED.

I noticed that too (I'm even shorter 5'6" 157 lbs lol) and have to "roll" the top part of the bottoms where the string is in until the hem of the legs are high enough off the ground often so high up that the pants end up "encroaching" on my... Erm... Nether regions lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Dissenting vote: I never wear scrubs in the ED unless it's one of those rare occurences when I've been unable to avoid bodily fluids.  Propper BDU pants with Teflon coating: far more comfortable than scrubs, has plenty of pockets, can wear a belt (nice to hold your pants up and attach trauma shears, etc), and a short sleeved collared shirt.  Personal preferences, maybe driven by all the years of wearing a FD uniform.

Medelita for white coat - no for scrubs because they have a bad and boxy fit.

I love Grey’s Anatomy scrubs and just bought a pair of Infinity scrubs which are great.

I wanna try Figs! Maybe this isn’t the right place to ask but what size should I get (LOL)? I am female, 5’9”, 135 pounds, usually wear a size 4. Most of my scrubs are XS but I have a few S bottoms that work okay. How do Figs fit compared to other brands?

7 hours ago, ERCat said:

I wanna try Figs! Maybe this isn’t the right place to ask but what size should I get (LOL)? I am female, 5’9”, 135 pounds, usually wear a size 4. Most of my scrubs are XS but I have a few S bottoms that work okay. How do Figs fit compared to other brands?

Bottoms are true to size/length but I would get a size smaller than what you normally wear in tops. I am 5'3", 130 lbs, 34DD and normally wear medium sized T-shirts/tops, but I wear a small in FIGS scrub tops and could probably fit into an XS if I wanted a more fitted look. I really like the Catarina tops and Livingston bottoms. 

My favorite scrubs are the cheapest.  Allheart.com will have some good deals.  My only requirement is two front pockets by the navel on the scrub top.  Holds my phone on the right and keys/wallet on the left pocket.  I will also use a white coat at work for other things like script pad/pens/scissors.  Years of being a tech and now years of being a PA I have not found a huge difference in  expensive or name brand scrubs VS cheap scrubs.  As a tech i used the pant thigh pocket a lot, now I don't need it.  I prefer cheap and quantity of scrubs VS a few that are expensive.  That way I can mix up all of the colors I like --> blues, tan, dark green, O.R. green, brown.... 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived