2018-2019 Application Cycle- UC Davis

On 10/8/2018 at 11:57 PM, rvaldez1105 said:

Hi*! ?

The day before should work for me. Maybe grab some coffee. I’m not familiar with the area. So open to any suggestions. I’m sure we could Yelp places too.

Yes I'm actually from Sac so we can meet at Temple Coffee Roasters on 2829 S St. They have a nice outdoor patio seating area. How does 4 PM sound?

On 10/9/2018 at 3:30 PM, gowiththeflow said:

For everyone that has received interview invites for October, first off CONGRATS!!!, second off when did you guys apply so I can get a reference of when I should be hearing for an interview. Thank you!!

Thanks!! I applied on 07/04 and heard back on 09/28! I'm not sure how their exact timeline works, but I hope you hear back soon! ?

*sorry all!  I realized I made a grammatical mistake on my first post- for those of you messaging me, I have not other information to offer.  Of course I wish that it did....  but I have posted what I know at this time.  

This past weekend I have a quick interaction with the interim admissions director at the UCD Pre-Health Conference.  

I was NOT able to get any specifics but he did tell me that this year’s application process is totally different.  I realize this isn’t super helpful, but it does mean that we can’t assume the pattern from last year’s applicant experience still holds true today. 

For those you you invited already, congrats!!!  For those of us waiting and hoping you may like to hear that spots continue to open up.  One current student i talked to said she was invited to join the program three weeks before its start date! (She had been interviewed and waitlisted prior to that).  

Let keep on working hard and doing our best!  

Edited by LindsayP
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, LindsayP said:

This past weekend I have a quick interaction with the interim admissions director at the UCD Pre-Health Conference.  

I was able to get any specifics but he did tell me that this year’s application process is totally different.  I realize this isn’t super helpful, but it does mean that we can’t assume the pattern from last year’s applicant experience still holds true today. 

For those you you invited already, congrats!!!  For those of us waiting and hoping you may like to hear that spots continue to open up.  One current student i talked to said she was invited to join the program three weeks before its start date! (She had been interviewed and waitlisted prior to that).  

Let keep on working hard and doing our best!  

Thank you for the feedback Lindsay! It is helpful to know this!

• Like 1

HI EVERYONE!!

Congrats on getting those interviews and for those of you that are still waiting, don't lose hope yet!! I'm a first year and we actually have event leaders in our cohort that are planning something for all of you to come meet us before your interviews! They should be posting something tonight or maybe tomorrow so keep a look out! Can't wait to meet you all!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dstewart15 said:

HI EVERYONE!!

Congrats on getting those interviews and for those of you that are still waiting, don't lose hope yet!! I'm a first year and we actually have event leaders in our cohort that are planning something for all of you to come meet us before your interviews! They should be posting something tonight or maybe tomorrow so keep a look out! Can't wait to meet you all!

Thank you! Just received the email! I look forward to meeting everyone! ?

On 10/10/2018 at 9:23 AM, DNeal57 said:

@sammyann @Spile I will meet you guys on the 15th. That sounds perfect. And to everyone else interviewing on the 16th, please come on the 15th around 7 at old soul! I’m excited to meet you all there! 

My name is Dylan for the record. ?

Hi guys! I am interviewing on the 16th as well. Are you going to meet at old soul still or go to the meet and greet at lowbrau? Would love to meet everyone! 

Hello All! 

Congrats to all that received invitations and hang in there for those that didn’t!  It’s all a journey. Applied last year and didn’t receive an interview to Davis. Applied again this year and I’ll be interviewing on October 15! To those interviewing on October 15, forgive me I’m a little late to the forum. What time and where is everybody meeting up the day before? I’d love to join !? 

2 hours ago, nomad530 said:

Hello All! 

Congrats to all that received invitations and hang in there for those that didn’t!  It’s all a journey. Applied last year and didn’t receive an interview to Davis. Applied again this year and I’ll be interviewing on October 15! To those interviewing on October 15, forgive me I’m a little late to the forum. What time and where is everybody meeting up the day before? I’d love to join !? 

Hi!

I’m Michael, and I’ll be there on the 15th as well. I interviewed last year, but I did not receive an invitation to complete the supplemental. 

I plan on being at LowBrau at 5pm on the 14th.

I’ll be staying at the Courtyard Marriot. 

I hope to meet all of you and have as good of a time as possible! We can do this!

Edited by mdr707

Hey guys/gals,

I'm Aubrey! Got an invite to the interview process WOOT! WOOT! LOL ? CONGRATS to everyone that has gotten their shot at greatness in advance! I am down to meet up with whoever is attending the "MEET and GREET" event @ Low Brau 630p (Wednesday 17th). Anyone meeting up a little prior? If so- would love to join!

POC

Let me know!

v/r

Aubrey Matthews 

• Like 1