2018-2019 Application Cycle- UC Davis

5 hours ago, krsnkm said:

Hey! when did you apply? I haven't heard anything in months ?

I applied during the first week of July and I was invited for the interview on September 28 2018. I interviewed 10/16/18. I think  my personal statement  truely help me stand out as well as my recommendations. I talked about my background and the inequality of healthcare in my communities. Message me for further questions. 

4 minutes ago, chenpl said:

I just got it too!! Congrats everyone!!! As long as we don't botch this up, does it mean we're likely to get in??? :OO

I don’t think so, they were unclear during the interview how many people would get the secondary (they said it could be 100% of the interviewees or a bit less). Seems like they probably narrowed it down a bit but not to where the secondary will only eliminate like 10 people 

Sorry to hear, and I feel you. It can be very discouraging. I havenot gotten any YES yet, just UCDavis 2nd invite as of now. It is just a very competitive program and process. I honestly did not think I  did well in Davis' interview. The only thing I felt a bit different from me and other candidates was that I only just focused on me and was very personal and answered questions on how it related to PA training and career of what I learned from my own experiences. Keep trying until you got it tho. Good luck to you too

39 minutes ago, krsnkm said:

Is anyone willing to share any tips? I have been getting rejections left and right.. it's really discouraging.. any tips on resume/ways to improve would be very helpful!

Maybe your personal statement needs to show them that you are passionate about PA. Did you use the prePA resources that have essay review services? 

here is one of the good ones.  https://www.thepaplatform.com

Received my rejection email tonight. I fought with this school long and hard to get a writing-intensive course accepted as a valid pre-req (read: spent 5 months emailing them back and forth trying to get them to understand that my course was truly a writing intensive course) and was appalled at how they handled these interactions. I am disappointed to receive a rejection and wish everyone luck.