UTMB 2018-2019 Admissions Cycle

6 hours ago, charmalarm said:

Silly question ahead: who is the director for the program? I see Mr Beach is the director of pa program curricular assessment, and Mr McKee is director of pa program assessment. 

Our current interim program director is Dr. Townsend, but he only has the job until December. Our new program director, Dr. Philpot, starts mid-December. He's got some great ideas for the program overall; I'm definitely optimistic about his on-boarding!

On 9/6/2018 at 12:21 PM, ekatiel said:

I'm in the same boat as you. I received my under review email on 8/7, and I haven't heard back about an interview. From what I can tell from previous years' threads, that's generally not been good news as they tend to go in order of under review email dates for interviews. I hope I'm wrong, and we are still in the running for interview invites!

Yeah me too! I was verified and got my supplemental in on 6/20. I got my under review on 8/8 and still haven't heard anything. I know someone who got their application in earlier than me, but got an under review on 8/30. Maybe they are reading applications out of order? Do y'all think there would be any benefit in calling? 

Edited by mckennap

On 9/26/2018 at 5:50 PM, PAseeker2018 said:

For those of you who have interviewed, was anything mentioned regarding the school's accreditation status?

They did address it. Sounds like a staffing issue, but they have the new director starting in December. They told us that if you are accepted to a program while it's accredited, you will still be considered to graduate from an accredited program even if they lose accreditation while you are attending. 

Edited by PACF2018

Random question, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what exactly UTMB is referring to when they consider science GPAs. Because on their admission requirements section, they refer to it as "science GPA" but then in parentheses they list "bio, microbio, immunology, a&p, genetics, chemistry." So I'm curious if anyone has an understanding of whether they are actually looking at the CASPA science gpa calculation, or if they really only take into account the GPA of just those science classes that they listed. If anyone knows, thank you in advance!

32 minutes ago, AAK30 said:

Random question, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what exactly UTMB is referring to when they consider science GPAs. Because on their admission requirements section, they refer to it as "science GPA" but then in parentheses they list "bio, microbio, immunology, a&p, genetics, chemistry." So I'm curious if anyone has an understanding of whether they are actually looking at the CASPA science gpa calculation, or if they really only take into account the GPA of just those science classes that they listed. If anyone knows, thank you in advance!

My understanding is that it uses the CASPA science/BCP GPA.

On 9/24/2018 at 5:27 PM, AshleyB said:

I had my application verified 6/7 and still have not gotten an under review email yet. Has this happened to anyone else? 

This happened to me. I still haven't received it. I called a week or so ago and asked someone ( not sure exactly who that was ) and she told me that she checked and I was under review, but she was unaware of the email I was talking about. I'm still confused by this because everyone is saying that they received this! 

• Upvote 2