UTMB 2018-2019 Admissions Cycle

Where did y'all take Medical Terminology? I am registering for the spring at San Jac, and my choices are a 3 hour online course, "Medical Terminology 1" with the course description: "This is a study of medical terms through word origin and structure. Introduction to abbreviations and symbols, surgical and diagnostic procedures and medical specialties" or a 2 hour in person evening class, "Essentials of Medical Terminology," with the course description, "This course is a study of medical terminology, word origin, structure and application." Any insights on which one is better to take? Both are technical courses, not academic courses.

13 hours ago, ekatiel said:

Where did y'all take Medical Terminology? I am registering for the spring at San Jac, and my choices are a 3 hour online course, "Medical Terminology 1" with the course description: "This is a study of medical terms through word origin and structure. Introduction to abbreviations and symbols, surgical and diagnostic procedures and medical specialties" or a 2 hour in person evening class, "Essentials of Medical Terminology," with the course description, "This course is a study of medical terminology, word origin, structure and application." Any insights on which one is better to take? Both are technical courses, not academic courses.

I don't think UTMB cares which one you take as long as it's a medical terminology course that's 2-3 credits. I did the 3 credit course online through HCC and they accepted that.

Keep in mind that you will [probably] get tested over medical terminology during the first couple of weeks of school. It's not difficult and everyone passed this year.

15 hours ago, ekatiel said:

I took the Medical Terminology 1 online at San Jac last summer! I liked it, got an A!

14 minutes ago, EsFuturePA said:

I interviewed on 10/8 as well and have not heard back yet. Do you get notified if you are waitlisted or is there somewhere to check? 

I also interviewed 10/8. My understanding is that they will take a select few from each interview group (that get notified right away), and then everyone else waits to hear back as far as being waitlisted accepted or rejected. 

I sent in my application to UTMB July 12th and still have not heard anything from them, not even an under review email. I emailed them like 2 weeks ago making sure everything with my application was okay and have heard nothing. I’m just worried I either got silently rejected or they’re missing necessary materials for my app. 

18 minutes ago, ErikaIrene said:

I haven't heard anything either, interviewed on 10/8! I spoke with one of the students and they said it's really when the admissions committee gets a chance to meet up. Hopefully some of us will hear back tomorrow! ? 

THanks for that info! Praying for us all to be classmates and hear something soon ?

On 10/9/2018 at 6:11 PM, pickeye said:

Hello everyone!

I just received an invite for the interview on Oct 29 in the morning!

Really want to hear from the people who accepted already about the written essay.

Thanks.

There is no written essay in the interview. The day consists of a presentation, then you wait for two separate interview times, then there’s a student led presentation at the end.